Equity Point Marrakech Hostel

Check Marrakech Hotel Deals

Equity Point Marrakech Hostel Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Not good location Apr 12, 2014
This hostel boasted to be 3 minutes walk from Djemaa el-Fna and that everybody knows the hostel. Big lie.

I can't figure out how it is possible to get there with 3 mins walk. Maybe if we ask Bolt to run however, he shouldnt have luggages as it is not easy to go around carrying luggages which we have. The directions were hard to follow and even with gps we were walking around almost 1hour. Out of desparation, we allowed a local to guide us but still we keep walking around in circles which with heavy bags and crowded small streets and being tired coming from Atlas trek, was quite exasperating experience. I have been calling the hostel but their number isnt working. Grrr!

Finally after long walk, we arrived tired, annoyed and sweaty. There was some heated discussion with the guide about how much to pay and good thing TB member kanaknaidu insisted about paying 20dirhams. However, he put his camera on top of his luggage and I was worried he would forget about it so i took it and safekeep it in my bag. I have lost stuff before and what works best for me is never putting down anything esp when im a bit stressed. Everything should go directly inside the bag.

The checkin was ok. Then we were shown our room which is 6 bunk beds. The bed was ok. The bathroom is small but it's ok if theres only one person at a time.

Pool is nice to look at but the water is cold so only Julia swam in it because she is the toughest cookie amongst us. Coming from illness and being too tired, I didnt push myself to the challenge.

There are people hanging out by the pool and receiving area. It seem like a young crowd and in groups.

It has a nice courtyard which i noticed in the morning before we leave. No alcohol to get in this hostel unless you managed to buy some or get some from other guests. Checkout is at 10 which is relatively early from my experiences in traveling. The door has some lock but I'm not sure if it really does keep your room secured as it seem you could just push it open even with the lock. Anyway, just one night.

Overall, it was ok but I won't recommend as I think there are much better options to book.
FoxyFauz says:
Congrats on the feature :)
TravellinChic says:
Thanks Vances. It does look nice. :-) many things in Morocco looks nice in pictures. I usually only take pictures of nice views :P
vances says:
Appreciate the honest review...really looks nice from your photos!
halilee halilee
Gorgeous hostel with a pool! Apr 12, 2014
This riad was quite difficult to find for us, but we finally do find it after over an hour walking around with our luggage with the help of a few locals. It's supposed to be located within a few minutes of Djemaa el-Fna, but even when we took the shortest way to it that we could find, it still took closer to 10 minutes and it was confusing to get to.

It features a good size kitchen, a pool, albeit very cold, in the gorgeous central courtyard, and several sitting areas. Towels are not provided but can be rented for 10dh. The reception area is quite lovely with a seating area.

We were to have a 4 bed room (2 bunk beds) but end up in 6 bed room to ourselves with private bathroom with shower. The shower is great, lots of hot water and good pressure. The pillows in the bunk beds are quite good as well. Otherwise the room is quite basic but clean with lots of plugins and we are totally comfortable. Breakfast was not included. The owner is great, nice dude.

Would recommend.