Equator Hostel

70 Lorong 1/77a, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
03-2145 2120
Equator Hostel - Downstairs we have television and internet
Equator Hostel - Map
Equator Hostel - The Equator is the yellow building.
Equator Hostel - One of the rooms
Equator Hostel - Bennie, Ying, Ket, and James in front of the Equator Hostel.

Equator Hostel Rates and Deals

Equator Hostel Kuala Lumpur Reviews

travelami09 travelam…
Affordable clean downtowm KL Apr 05, 2011
Owner is excellent with helping out and have a massive amount of information. All the staff are as well really nice and friendly. When I was there we had a BBQ for all and free live guitar music from one another backpacker. I so much liked the hostel that I even recommended it to a friend who was travelling from Ireland and she liked it too.
wilber85 wilber85
Clean, comfortable, and quiet! Nov 14, 2010
My first impressions from the outside were not good. Although this hostel is directly behind Berjaya Times Square the area looked very run down and there was a lot of people hanging around during the day although I didn't have any problems with anybody.

The hostel itself did not look that great on the outside but the on the inside it was actually quite nice. It was clean, the staff were friendly, it was reasonably priced with breakfast included (did not eat it, so I can't comment), fast internet(when it worked) 2RM for half an hour.

I had a single fan room. The bed was clean and comfortable and I had a large locker to put my things away. The room was a bit on the small side compared to others I stayed in but still OK. The Location is OK. It's about 1 minute to berjaya and the monorail and 5 minutes to Bukit Bintang. If your looking for a quiet, clean, basic hostel then I would recommend this place.
pearcetoyou pearceto…
Equator Hostel in Kuala Lumpur Aug 18, 2009
My first stay at a hostel was at the Equator Hostel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I shared a room with Bennie, Ket, and Ying. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but after my stay I was quite impressed. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. The place was clean, they even made you take your shoes off before entering. I guess my only gripe would be the showers don't provide much privacy, but this IS a hostel! I would definitely stay here again. It's only a short walk to the mall and to the Petronas Towers. The following is a descriptive write up from the owner.

The Equator Hostel is a 3 story house, strategically located within easy access to a wide range of modern amenities such as shopping complexes, trendy cafes, restaurants and other major attractions such as Chinatown and Jalan Bukit Bintang. With its easy access to public transportation (1 minute walk from the monorail station and 10 minutes walk from the LRT station) Equator Hostel offers a laid-back, clean, comfortable and affordable base for either exploring our vibrant and exciting city or simply just a place to relax and chill out.

Spaciously accommodating mixed dorms, single, double, twin and triple rooms, Equator Hostel is particularly suited for backpackers and independent travellers who are looking for clean, comfortable yet affordable accommodation. All facilities are on shared basis. Equator Hostel can accommodate 23 guests at any one time so you can be assured of personalized service from our friendly and helpful staff members. It's also a great meeting point, a place to meet other travellers from all over the world and make new friends.

When you stay at Equator Hostel, breakfast, linen, towel and lockers come free with the room. No extra charges! Coffee and tea is also free all day, best if you plan on staying in just surfing the net on our fast terminals, chilling out in our spacious common room watching satellite TV or any of the numerous collection of DVD movies or researching your next travel destination at our travel info desk. As we believe you should make the most of your time in our wonderful city to really enjoy its buzzing cosmopolitan energy, there is no curfew or lockout.
Downstairs we have television and …
The Equator is the yellow building.
One of the rooms
Bennie, Ying, Ket, and James in fr…
pearcetoyou says:
Yes! For sure, Ket!
Posted on: Sep 29, 2009
2win 2win
A nice little spot full of friendly people! Jul 17, 2009
Because of my flight delay i ended up checking into this place a lot later than i said i would. I was due to arrive at 2am which was when the hostel reception is closed, but the guy at the desk stayed up for me to make sure i got there safe and was all checked in and had a bed after the exhausting flight!

The staff are extremely friendly here, and because its only a small hostel you get to know everyone pretty well.

The hostel rooms were quite small, but very clean. Showers and toilets were communal but kept clean all the same. There is a lounge downstairs where you can watch TV, and there is also a eating area with a communal fridge.

Breakfast is free for guests. I was never up that early so dont know if it was good or not! lol

The hostel is located just behind Berjaya times square, a huge shopping mall with an indoor theme park and lots of other things which is good for killing time.

Related Travel Blogs About Equator Hostel

Out of the jungle, into the city
After a delicious breakfast of roti canai we got into a boat and headed out of the jungle.  It was certainly one of our more preferred ways of travelling, sat comfortably low down next to the wa…Equator Hostel, had a shower, then headed out.  Kuala Lumpur has a good reputation for clubbing so we decided…

Check Equator Hostel Rates and Deals