60 Robertson Quay

Epicurious Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Okay, but not great Sep 05, 2010
I had just arrived Singapore and met my friend Cécile. We decided to go out for brunch since I had not eaten much on the plane. She had been recommended Epicurious by her co-workers, a restaurant which was right by my hotel.

Epicurious is a small restaurant located at Robertson Quay. It´s right by the Alkaff Bridge. It was quite busy, but we managed to get a table outside. They have a few tables outside and only three inside. Tables and chairs, as well as their china and glasses are a mix of everything, something of china and something of plastic. A little of this and a little of that. This is topped off with cutlery from IKEA.

The restaurant serves typical brunch dishes like omelet, breakfast burritos, french toast, pancakes, soup, salads, sandwiches and pasta. They also have one main dish (Vietnamese pork) as well as a variety of cakes and scones.

It seems like a family business. Even though there were a lot of waiters, service was very slow. The waiters were nice, but not very attentive. It took a while to order and forever to pay. Once we had ordered, the food was served quickly. Cécile had the Ratatouille omelet and I had the Breakfast Burrito. It was okay, but nothing great. I also tried the Breakfast Parfait; yoghurt, granola and fruit. Since the Breakfast Parfait was served as quickly as it was, it had to have been made in advance. My suspicion was right. It was not old, but pre-prepared which made the granola a bit soggy. When I grabbed a napkin from the box on the table, I found several dirty napkins that had been left in it from the previous guests.

Epicurious is probably a busy restaurant because they are the only restaurant offering a western style brunch menu. I will probably not eat here again. I was left with the impression that cleanliness was not their priority.
Ratatouille omelet
Breakfast Burrito
Breakfast Parfait (yoghurt, granol…
Epicurious Map