Epic Roasthouse

369 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA, USA
Epic Roasthouse - view of the bay bridge from my seat
Epic Roasthouse - pork belly risotto
Epic Roasthouse - chili squid salad

Epic Roasthouse San Francisco Reviews

cal-traveler cal-trav…
Luxury restaurant with great view Mar 17, 2011
This restaurant is awesome. Recently built, great food and drinks. It has an awesome view of the water and Bay Bridge. Conveniently located right on the Embarcadero - San Francisco.
sybil sybil
great views of the bay bridge Jun 06, 2008
This steakhouse on the bay has beautiful views of the bay bridge and the san francisco sky line. the big windows on all the walls ensure that diners have something pleasant to look at. the ambiance was definitely leaning towards the romantic although groups can enjoy the same without any "romantic pressures" at the upstairs bar called quiver lounge, where it was loud and crowded but still blessed with the same views. word of warning, it was really dark in the restaurant and i could barely see the menu. but the darkness was necessary to truly enjoy the night views.

the service here was fantastic -- at least after waiting 20-30 minutes even though you had a reservation. that being said, the staff was apologetic. once we were seated (at a perfect corner location with perfect views no matter which seat you take at the table), we were attended by an attentive wait staff who gave honest recommendations.

i started off with the squid salad with chilies, beans and tomato confit. the ingredients tasted fresh and crunchy and the squid was tasty.

for my entree, i had the pork porterhouse with coffee bean sauce. i thought the sauce was too rich but that the pork was definitely yummylicious. there was a nice fat cap, which in the dark, could surprise you. but, the meat next to the fat cap was rich and delicious.

i tried my friend's pork belly risotto. the pork belly was definitely very fatty but the crunchiness was perfect. the server warned us about the fat cap though so that was fully disclosed.

for the sides, we tried the truffled whipped potatoes (rich and creamy), sauteed spinach (great), grilled garlic brocollini (great) and mac and cheese (crunchy on top, creamy below).

we also tasted a medley of dessert - a chocolate cookie, an oatmeal cookie, i think a cinnamon cookie and a peanut butter fudge, which was so sinfully good.

this place was great.
view of the bay bridge from my seat
chili squid salad
my pork porterhouse
still my pork porterhouse
row-zzzzz says:
Congrats on being featued!!!
villan says:
OMG... I want to go here!! Brilliant review as always Sybil!!!
travelman727 says:
Sybil, fabulous review! This looks like a great place for our August TravBuddy meetup in San Fran :-D

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals