EntreMundos - Awesome Volunteer Placement Service

www.entremundos.org - 502-7761-2179

EntreMundos - Awesome Volunteer Placement Service Quetzaltenango Reviews

Globesurfer Globesur…
Awesome Volunteer Placement Service Apr 07, 2011
There are many agencies that place volunteers in Guatemala, charging a real fortune. I spent long hours researching the best and most affordable options before I headed to Guatemala until I came across one NGO in specific: EntreMundos. From the start I could tell it was something really different.

EntreMundos is a local NGO run in Quetzaltenango. They work principally in capacity-building for community projects, and work with more than 150 different NGOs. They also have connections with about as many volunteer opportunities, and run three different services to benefit both volunteers and projects. First, they have a free online database that lists the various volunteer opportunities as well as the contact information, for those who want to set up their own opportunity, cost-free. Second, there is a consultation service, costing 25Q (3$), where interested volunteers can make an appointment and get a personal consultation and volunteer placement. Finally, they also now offer an advance placement service, where they will give you a guaranteed placement to suit your needs for only $40. Considering the incredibly wide range of opportunities, there is something to fit everyones needs, language level, and time commitment!

I used the consultation service and was placed at the Asociación de Mujeres del Altiplano, where I worked for 4 months designing educational workshops for women in rural communities on self-esteem and reproductive health. I got to use my Spanish, develop new skills, feel that I was contributing to something important, and have a great experience. And thanks to EntreMundos, it DIDN´T cost me $5,000 upwards - just the small donation to help them continue doing the great work.

If you are looking for volunteer work, I´d really recommend giving them a shout. The website is http://www.entremundos.org, and their volunteer programmes can be reached at volunteering@entremundos.org.

Good luck. Together we can work for change!

- Jenny
L_dizzle says:
I also used EntreMundos, I was amazed at the range of opportunities they have, including Women, Children, Education, Construction, Agriculture, Small Business Support, Environment, Animals...you name it, they´ve got it. Well worth a visit.
- L