Enoteca L'Operetta

6438 2482

Enoteca L'Operetta Singapore Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Fusion Japanese Italian food anyone? Nov 04, 2012
Enoteca L'Operetta is an Italian restaurant. But, no one in the restaurant is Italian as it is run by a Japanese Chef with Filipino waiters and waitresses. It is a VPN restaurant i.e. Vera Pizza Napolenata certified pizza restaurant.

I have admired the decor of the restaurant (both indoors & outdoors) each time I walk passed it on my way to work or having dinner or drinks at Boat Quay. The restaurant is located along Boat Quay facing the Singapore River so its 2 storeys and an alfresco dining area. The 2nd storey is for performing or having drinks, I understand that the Japanese owner is a music lover so there is an orchestral piano which you are allowed to use. Everything in the decor is just white giving the place a fresh clean look with European fittings.

So I finally had an opportunity to have dinner here and we had a special dinner menu arranged for us.

As you can see from the menu that I had taken a photo of :-

I chose (1) Mushroom cream soup (2) Hokkaido Scallop oven baked (3) Fettucine Marinara (4) Striploin Beef and (5) Tiramisu for desert.

I am glad I didnt take the Japanese Corn Soup or the Pesce Del Giorno. I was told the soup tasted pretty normal and the catch of the day was catfish which is something I was not expecting for a restaurant like this.

The mushroom soup had a nice consistency, the scallop was big and fresh. I didnt like the fettucine (it tasted weird to me), the beef was good but I didnt like the marsala wine sauce. I must admit I am not a fan of fusion food cos it gives me an allergic reaction. I didnt get an allergic reaction during this dinner as I had taken an anti-histamine lol!!

I must say they have quite a good range of wine. We had red wine followed by champagne and tea.

The minus part about this restaurant is the service. I find the food takes a little too long to arrive from each course, it took them so long just to serve me bread and olive oil! The waitresses dont know their own wine and they cant give a good explanation on the menu.

There are plenty of Italian restaurants in Singapore some of which I really love. So just maybe I will come again to try their pizza so long as its not too fusionised!
westwind57 says:
sounds good...! By the way, how was your trip? :)
Posted on: Nov 06, 2012