Denman and Davie Streets, Vancouver, Canada

English Bay Vancouver Reviews

dardeb dardeb
Wonderful beach area Jul 12, 2011
English Bay is located on the west side of downtown Vancouver peninsula.

This popular area has the city's favorite beach, and all the things that go with a beach.

But it also has much more to offer.

It is at the west end of Stanley Park, so is part of Vancouver Seawall path, great for cyclists, or runners and walkers, roller-bladers, etc.

There are trendy shops and nice restaurants and coffee shops, and my favorite thing, amazing Yue Minjun's "A-Mazing Laughter" sculptures.

Towering bronze figures of men laughing in different poses invite visitors to interact with them, mingle and take lots of photos.

English Bay is another wonderful spot for watching spectacular Vancouver sunsets.
sunset on English Bay
English Bay beach
English Bay
Yue Minjun's "A-Mazing Laughter" a…
sylviandavid says:
Nice review... fun place.
Posted on: Jul 12, 2011
peppertm peppertm
English Bay Aug 06, 2007
English Bay is beautiful. I’d seen it before, but had never taken pictures of it. The only problem is, I didn’t have my camera with me when I went there. The day of my aunt’s departure to Brazil, I decided to go with her to the airport. One of my other aunts had agreed to drive her there, so I decided to tag along. After seeing to it that my aunt got on the plane, my chauffeur aunt and I left. Neither of us had any plans for the rest of the day, so we decided to hang out and look around. Herein lies the problem- I hadn’t taken my camera because I only thought we’d be going to the airport. So, when we stopped at my aunt’s place so she could change her shoes, I asked her to get her camera in case there were any photo worthy experiences. There ended up being a couple, which I took pictures of with her camera. The problem is, I don’t think she has the pictures anymore. She ended up having some problems with the camera, which may have ruined my chances of getting the pictures from her L. So, that beautiful, busy evening that we spent at English Bay has no pictures to remember it by.

The area around English Bay is great. It’s full of apartment buildings and little restaurants. The only complaint, and I’m sure this is a complaint of many people, especially of those that live in the area, is the lack of parking. It is extremely hard to find somewhere to park, as we circled several streets looking for a place to stop. Eventually, though, we did find a spot. After looking around a bit we ended up at a little Greek café, and got a seat out on their sidewalk patio. It was the perfect evening to sit outside, as it wasn’t raining, and the air wasn’t too cool, seeing as it was right by the water. Loads of people were walking by on the sidewalk, and it was fun to watch all of them. Along with all the people came all the different languages that they were speaking, as Vancouver is quite a multi-cultural city, plus a lot of the people around there were tourists.

After eating, we continued to walk around the neighbourhood, looking at all the apartments, then walked on the beach and down the seawall. The views are amazingly beautiful, and if you’re lucky enough to be there on a clear evening, you will see some of the nicest sunsets you’ve ever seen. I was lucky enough to visit English Bay twice on my trip. And yes, the second time I was there, I had my camera.

On my second visit to English Bay, I learned that a little further down the beach is where Bard on the Beach takes place. One of my aunts had been there to see a play earlier in the summer, under the big white tents. She said it was great. I had heard about it before, and had always wanted to go. Too bad I hadn’t been there a little earlier in the summer.

I recommend everyone go to English Bay. It is a beautiful, relaxing place that’s in a great neighbourhood.
sylviandavid says:
sounds like a lovely area
Posted on: Jul 12, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About English Bay

From seaside to seawall on bike
I like to ride my bike most during the summer months, during the other times of the year I just don't have the time because of the limits of work. The bike’s eye-view of the city is the best wa…Vancouver. English Bay is next on my trip. This is where the city meets the beach. When it's sunny…
Day 3 in Vancouver
Today we drove out to the Lynn Canyon suspension bridge with David and Virginia. The weather was much improved and when we got to the canyon the rays of sun shining on the mist hanging in the trees w…Vancouver. We drove back to English Bay which in our opinion was the nicest part of Vancouver we have visited…

Check Vancouver Hotel Deals