Engelbert Hotel Iserlohn

Engelbert Hotel Iserlohn Rates and Deals

Engelbert Hotel Iserlohn Reviews

ik-ben-10eke ik-ben-1…
Liebe Gäste Jul 30, 2010
Arriving at 13.15 at the hotel, the check in was very pleasant. I just mentioned my reservation, told my name, was welcomed by the hotel owner, all the people present had a warm smile, and was instantly handed the key to our room, however we were quite early. A true warm welcome indeed.

Our room was on the second floor, and besides stairs there was an elevator, however it was a small one. It indicated max. 4 persons, but I could not figure how that would fit in.

The room itself was a big one, about the size of my living room at home. On the floorplan I noticed we were given the biggest room on our floor. A comfortable double bed, and there was a couch which could be pulled out to have another double bed, so actually it was a family room. The bathroom was not too big, but sufficient with a shower, a washingstand and toilet, and a generous supply of towels.

We had flatscreen TV, and a minibar. Because we wanted to travel as light as possible we did not take the laptop, and I did not check internet facilities. There was a business center at the first floor, but I did not check that one either, we came to this place for the outdoor activities.

And that 's what we did, we went out on the streets again, the hotel is very close to the railwaystation, just a 2-3 minute walk. The shopping area, a pedestrian zone, is a few minutes from the hotel as well. While we left the hotel we were asked if we needed a house key, because the reception desk would be closed by 22.30. In case we should return later, we needed that key. But we decided to return early for it has been a long day, and we did not had much sleep the night before.

At night we noticed a minor point of the hotel location. There was a small parking lot in front of the hotel which was used by some youngsters drinking beer and talking with loud voices. I don't mind that much, but my husband did.

However.... the breakfast the next morning got him on the right tracks again.

The tables were nicely set, with checkered table cloths in my favorite color (which is purple) and the china was fresh white decorated with small pink roses. Even the little vases (with fresh flowers) were part of the breakast set.

There was plenty of everything: dairy (a.o. yoghurt and rice cooked in milk), bread (sliced and rolls, and there was a toaster), cheeses, sliced sausages, fruit, jams and honey, nutella, fruit juices, stuffed peppers, etc. etc. A choice of teas and coffee, and we could choose which egg dish we would like, and we were ready to enjoy this first meal of the day. There was a personal word to each and every guest.

When we were ready to go out again, I asked the lady who owned the hotel about buses going to Barendorf, a nearby village. The hotel did not have information on that but she went searching the internet right away for the buscompany site, and also suggested a nearby garden and flower show.

The next morning, Sunday, we had to leave again, but the chamber maid told us we could stay till noon, so to take our time, she would not start doing the room before we checked out.

It was not till check out I had to pay the hotel bill, saying goodbye to a very friendly staff.
Hotel Engelbert
Half of the room
Wall decoration in our room
Breakfast room
Chokk says:
Nice review and a nice place:))
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010

Engelbert Hotel Iserlohn Overview

Comfortable city hotel with friendly atmosphere. Led as a family business for already two decades.

Check Engelbert Hotel Rates and Deals