Los Angeles, California
Encounter - the $30 roasted duck with steamed rice and broccoli

Encounter Los Angeles Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Overrated Retro Restaurant Oct 19, 2011
Encounter is a skyview restaurant located at Los Angeles International Airport. Upon entering, (after parking the car through a valet), you take the elevator up to the restaurant. It is very overrated. It had been recommended to us by a friend (who we were picking up at the airport) for its 'cool' factor, but we don't know why.

The restaurant is decorated like something off the Jetson's cartoon or the Austin Powers movies, very retro but futuristic at the same time. A semi-circular room, the large windows offer a panoramic view of the LAX runways. We were there after dark, and the marine layer was moving in, so we didn't have the best views. I think during the afternoon, it would be quite interesting to watch the airport from here.

The limited menu is severely overpriced. I think there was an option of only six or seven entrees. I got the roasted duck, and that cost me nearly $30. And, it wasn't that great... definitely not worth $30.

Encounter is probably a good place to come and have a drink before your flight or to kill time when picking someone up, but not for a meal. My cousin's girlfriend did have a Bloody Mary and she said that it was quite good. I behaved and had a Shirley Temple, and enjoyed it.
the caesar salad

Related Travel Blogs About Encounter

The city of Venice
Venice is a city of water-ways. This simple fact of transportation dictates every aspect of Venice. The 117 islands and 400 bridges, the roads that end in a canal, the doors that open out onto water.…Los Angeles we encountered mystifying concrete barriers and dead-ends when trying to walk, because the city was built for cars…
On My Own
We had to pick up Jon's friend Tom from the airport this evening, and he recommended that we go to Encounter, a skyline restaurant at LAX.  Sara and I debated on what to wear and went with jeans…Encounter is ridiculously overpriced, and it is a relatively limited menu, only seven or so entrees to choose from.  I opted for the roasted duckling, something I'd never…
Buceamos in Baja California!
Buceamos in Baja California!   A road trip down Mexico's Highway 1 through Baja California proved to be an ultimate adventure!  At every turn and stop exposed Judah and Jeff, the crazed a…encountered countless stingrays and starfish.  The drive back to Bahia de Los Angeles was in the evening and therefore…

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals