Empire Sports Bar

Empire Sports Bar - Inside view

Empire Sports Bar Arusha Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Sports bar with sub par food Sep 14, 2011
On our way back from a safari adventure, we stopped in the TSA shopping complex to exchange some money and have a meal. We had stopped in this shopping complex while passing through Arusha on our way to the safari adventure, so we had some idea what was here. I reviewed another place located next door (Stiggbuck's Cafe) that we ate at on our first passage through Arusha. See my review of that cafe & restaurant here:

I was in favor of eating at Stiggbuck's again, but my traveling companions suggested we try the place next door, Empire Sports Bar. It didn't have the nice canopy of trees to dine under, but the umbrellas provided enough shade, though not as natural a setting. After viewing the menu. I was in in the mood for some meat and decided on the lamb chops. After 5 days on safari subsisting on pasta at the campsites and cheese sandwiches & bananas on the road, I was definitely in need of something more substantial.

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed here. The lamb chops were not only a bit sparse in the meat department, but way overdone too. The meat was tasty enough, but dry and a bit crispy for my liking. This is not the way lamb should be cooked. Honestly, the potatoes were a bit bland too. I was hungry enough though and and ate it up without complaining. It was good to have another sit down meal after so many days on the road. I couldn't help thinking that I would rather have had another one of those splendid omelets at Stiggbuck's next door.

The sports bar itself looked like a fun place, with a nice bar, pool table, wide screen TV and other game activities you expect in such a place. The beer was very reasonable in price here and I got a couple for the road ahead. I asked the woman at the bar for a business card, but she didn't seem interested in looking for one. I don't like to base a judgement on one meal, or the attitude of a bartender, but the better place seems to be Stiggbuck's next door. It's more friendly and the food is better.
Restaurant front