Emma Jeans Hollandburger Cafe

760.243.9938

Emma Jeans Hollandburger Cafe Victorville Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Heaven on a Bun!! Sep 09, 2008
Tucked away on Route 66, just off the 15 freeway in Victorville, is a diner that will definitely take you back in time and satisfy your hunger pains as well.

Emma Jean's is the home of the famous Brian Burger, built in 1947, by Mr. and Mrs. Holland. Unfortunately, Emma Jean passed away in the mid 1990's but her husband and their son, Brian, and his wife Shawna run the place. Unfortunately, we did not get to meet Shawna and Brian, but Shelley took awesome care of us!!!

Of course, the reason Melanie and I discovered this place was its feature on Food Network and Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. Needing to continue our quest to try all the restaurants he's featured on the show. Rumour also has it the cafe had a cameo in Kill Bill 2 but I'd have to go back and watch it to be sure!

Recommendations from the show were the Brian Burger and the Trucker's Special. Mel and I decided to just split something since we had plans later on that involved foodie adventures so wanted to keep our appetites!!! :D OMG...so glad we did as when that Brian Burger arrived, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish the one half of it!!! The burger was heavenly and again, not being a burger lover, this could truly convert me! Make sure you ask to try the homemade spicy ketchup with it.....perfect compliment!

I have to say even if the food was not excellent, I'd probably still give this place high marks given the ambiance and family charm make it a must stop if you are making the drive between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Everyone in the restaurant were regulars and almost fascinated with Melanie and I as the newbie big city girls!! LOL. We ended talking to everyone in the entire place and it was just an incredibly warm environment that made it hard to leave to get back on the road.

Next time, I'd like to try some of their other specials - we were told everything is made from scratch and they even have incredible desserts like homemade peach cobbler.

Make sure if your travels include Route 66, stop in for a visit! Just remember they are closed on Sundays, weekdays they close at 2:45pm and Saturday they close at 12:30pm.
Emma Jean's Holland Burger Cafe
1/2 of the Brian Burger
Exterior of diner
Interior of diner
mellemel8 mellemel8
BURGER HEAVEN Sep 09, 2008
The appearance of the diner is divey, but they, it has been there since 1947, and besides, I love those types of places. They usually have great food, and we weren't disappointed.

Erin and i sat down at the counter, on a wobbly stool and ordered the "brian burger" with fries and we both split it. OMG when shelly the waitress brought our burger, it was HUGE for 2 half sizes. it was not your normal bun. it was a thick cheese bread with a juicy burger and green peppers. the bread reminded me of the cheese bread from sizzler. Thick-cut fries accompanied, which were cooked to perfection - nice and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside.

We were city girls, as most of the clientele are regulars, yet they didn't make you feel out of place or strange. i sat next to dan, that has been coming here since the 70's. he was happily to chat with me about were we are from. I was just happy to experience the nostalgia of it all, a little piece of Americana on Route 66 in Victorville. I will definitely be back for breakfast.

Cash only!!!
BRIAN BURGER
SHELLY, THE WAITRESS, DAN, THE REG…
YUM