Emirates Skyward Programme
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Emirates Skyward Programme Dubai Reviews
Definitly the best for upgrades Dec 11, 2014
every airline has it´s own frequent flyer program, Emirates is the BEST program simply because they give you the most upgrades.
Especially if you take the busy routes.
Obviously you got to be at least Silver to be upgraded, and keep in mind that gold have priority so with Silver your chances to get upgraded is a lot less .
while in Lufthansa´s Miles and more for example you get the 2 upgrades yearly and in singapore Airlines krisflyer you don´t oficially get any upgrades, in Emirates you can get upgraded 75% of the time on the long flights when you are a gold memeber.
Comparing Emirates and Singapore for Example:
Emirates tend to have cheaper tickets europe to Asia, Give you upgrades but when it comes to service in flight economy class and travel centre ticket office, Singapore is alot better and also singapore airlines is better when it comes to changing tickets last minutes and missed flights (I missed a couple already..)
Emirates is also the best when it comes to luggage allowance.
when it comes to the other benefits like priority check in, lounges etc all the loyalty cards are pretty similiar.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
skywards, join before you book Jan 16, 2011
The skywards program is great. Join it before you book. It might give you free upgrades to for example business seat, so even if you think you will not fly alot in 1 year, still join !
Emirates Skyward Frequent Flyer Programme Aug 04, 2009
This is one of my favourite frequent flyer programmes together with KLM's Flying Dutchman. If you have flown Emirates Airlines, you know what I'm talking about. It is one of the best known frequent flyer programmes in the travel industry, I happened to be a beneficiary to an upgrade to first class under this programme and I have never had an experience like I did on my journey out of Dubai in First Class just because I was a Skyward member. Skywards offer three levels of membership to travelers
Business class travelers receive upto 50% more than the amount of points of economy passengers while first class travelers receive twice the points to make getting those extra flights all the more quicker. As a Silver tier member of Skywards you receive 1.25 times the points accrued for the booking while gold tier members earn 1.50 times the points.
Here is why you should join this programme:
1. It is Free
2. Accumulate miles each time you fly emirates: 1 point for every mile traveled
3. Travel with Emirates partners like Continental Airlines, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, Korean Air, South African Airways, United Airlines & Virgin Blue
4. Free travel with accumulated miles upto ..
5. Priority boarding
6. Access to Emirates lounge after a certain level of points
7. Emirates offers other wonderful benefits for business and first class passengers with a chauffeur service to and from the airport in over 40 destinations. This service is a fantastic additional service highlighting the importance of the customer in any Emirates experience.
8. Extra baggage is provided to Skyward members with 12 kgs in additional baggage allowance for silver and 16 kgs for gold over and above the ticketed baggage allowance.
9. Points are valid for three years from start of accumulation
It is not the most favourable programme if you are just a blue member. A lot more perks are provided for Silver and Gold members. Well I guess you have to become a Silver or Gold member. I can not really call this a negative because you must start somewhere no? Well it took me two years to become a Silver member and I love the status. Since I do not fly emirates as much as I used to, it will take long for me to become a Gold member.
To join, go to www.emirates.com
Part of the list My Travel Reward Programs