Emirates Greenwich Peninsula terminal

Cutter Lane, London, United Kingdom

Emirates Greenwich Peninsula terminal London Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Meet London's latest mode of transportation, and another rip-off for commuters Oct 29, 2012
So one thing I always wanted to do from Summer’12, or whenever I was going to visit the UK next was to take a flight on the Emirates Air Line – yep, the new transport from Greenwich Peninsula to the Emirates Royal Docks (or as they put it, from the O2 to the ExCeL). For some reason, I was thinking it would be really really crowded but to my surprise, it was empty.

The walk to the Air Line from the Greenwich Tube Station is about 5 mins, and it was actually running empty. As one has come to expect with all kinds of Emirates’ promotions, various cars had ads of different destinations Emirates served. Although why someone would promote Washington D.C (flying to D.C from London via Dubai, LOL!), I don’t know. The “flight” was cool – although this is the less touristy part of London so all I really saw were big ships and tankers, new construction and a great view of the O2. I was thinking I could take the 360 tour (that's a round tour, without alighting) but the guy at the Royal Docks said that I needed to alight, and re-enter using my Oyster. So I walked out, sat for a while ( was pretty chilly) and went back in using my Oyster card. The round trip was a good 8 quid. Quite a waste in hindsight, but it’s sthg I wanted to do, so glad I went on it.

Although it seems to be running quite empty, so unless it’s really helping their promo (which in the UK, having sponsored about a gazillion football teams and built a gazillion arenas already, I don’t think they need anything more), I really see this as a losing money proposition.

But what I'm curious about more is why they couldn't just build an underground tunnel and transport more people via Tube than via this. Unless they (TFL) needed so much money they succumbed when the Emirates CEO dangled a whole lotta GBP in front of their cash strapped arses?
Hello Seychelles... chew the compe…
The entrance to the station
Across the Thames
Across the Thames
HelenP says:
Vikram, I have never heard of this.. I am prob am not alone, so one reason why it is not busy.
Posted on: Jan 06, 2013
Andy99 says:
Emirates (and Qatar Airways) advertise extensively on Washington, DC, radio stations.
Posted on: Jan 04, 2013