Emirates Airline

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Emirates Airline Dubai Reviews

Paulovic Paulovic
Fly Emirates, luxurious airlines Jan 16, 2012
I booked my flight to New Zealand with Emirates. There were many Airlines I could choose, most East Asian airlines. Emirates though offered the best price. I had heard good stories about Emirates. So I decided to book with them.

It was a very long flight, so I wanted a very convenient airline. From the Netherlands to New Zealand is exactly to the other side of the globe. About 26 hours flight time. First 6,5 hours to Dubai and another 19 hours to Auckland, with a stop in Sydney, Australia. The only odd thing was that I had about 8 hours lay over in Dubai. Arriving at midnight and continue the next morning around 8:00 am. In first case I thought I would check out the city. But while I was waiting in the gate at Schiphol Amsterdam airport my name was called. I had to go to the go to the information desk. I did not know why, so I was quite in a little shock. But when I came there, they had a hotel voucher for me in Dubai. I just had to go through customs and wait at a point where I would picked up by a mini bus. It was about ten minutes driving from the airport. So that was a very nice surprise to me.

When I arrived in Dubai, everything went smooth. I did not have to take my check-in luggage and went to customs right away. I decided to take some sleep and the next morning I went back to the airport with the same shuttle.

This flight was going to be very very long. One very positive thing about the airplanes of Emirates is that they are very modern. There was a big media entertainment system. I could choose a movie, from hundreds of movies. Different genres, different cultures! Amazing! Also many many games and documentaries were available. And last but not least, everyone had his own USB port, you could see PDF and pictures on your own screen and listen to your own music! I was in a Airbus 380-800. By far this was the best airline I flew with so far! I could highly recommend it to everyone! Especially for long haul flights!
The Boeing 777-300 from Amsterdam …
Emirates wing in Dubai
Airbus 380-800 in Dubai
The same Airbus 380-800 in Sydney …
missandrea81 says:
Congrats and great info!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2013
Paulovic says:
Thanks, Jutta! No problem! ;)
Posted on: Mar 14, 2013
Paulovic says:
Thanks for the congrats, Tersia! :)
Posted on: Mar 11, 2013
hobawest hobawest
Very Comfortable Plane Ride Sep 11, 2010
If you can swing the cash, I highly recommend flying Emirates Airlines. In fact, whenever Emirates flights are available, I will be taking them in the future.

The flight attendants were very nice and weren't stingy about drinks like some airlines can be. All drinks - including alcohol - were free during the flight.

The food was very good considering it's airline food, and snacks were provided in-between meals.

Every seat has its own screen and on it you can watch movies, tv shows, or listen to the radio or music.

I highly recommend them!
ganku ganku
Emirates Mediocore at best Mar 02, 2010
I was excited to fly the A380 from Toronto to Dubai, the plane itself was sparkling, but with 400 other passengers service seemed to be a bit strained. The staff was helpful and kind mind you but there is only so much they can do. On the ground, the directions were poor and help was limited. Its really cheap to fly economy and I flew business cause my employer paid for the trip. The free layover programme is a big plus, but I would avoid Emirates if I am not flying to Dubai or via Dubai. Jet airways wins on personal service.
stocked mini-bar by the seat
Comfortable fully recling seats.Ve…
Vikram says:
Yeah I'd flown KF 2 times and loved them both times. Air Asia are budget though, so no idea if we can compare them to KF and Jet.
ganku says:
Too bad Kingfisher is grounded and their future looks bleak. I am excited for AirAsia , they announced plans to enter India market with Tata (and another 3rd party)
Vikram says:
Nothing beats Jet Airways (except Kingfisher!)
shirlan shirlan
Affordable but not so friendly Dec 23, 2009
We flew Emirates from Sydney Australia to Christchurch New Zealand in December 2009.

I was disappointed. Not that they were that bad that I wouldn't fly with them again but that they weren't as friendly as they are portrayed. The flight was delayed, however they did not let us know, they just refused to let us board by keeping the ropes across.

The staff only did what they had to do. No smiles or small talk. Again being economy, their seating was no better than on a low budget airline. We would fly with them again if the price was right and the time of flight suited us, but we wouldn't expect much in the way of service or something simple like a smile and a friendly greeting.
lauro lauro
emirates airline Feb 20, 2009
Flying out from manila to frankfurt in 2004, i used emirates airlines, which the main hub is in dubai, united arab emirates.

the economy seats in the aircraft are very narrow, the tv screens dont let you choose any movies or music, seats are almost falling apart, tattered carpeting, food was soso.

but it is the only airlines i had seen with multi cultural, cosmopolitan flight attendants!

btw this was in 2004, i dont know how the tv screens or the food is functioning at this moment!
Paulovic says:
Fly again with Emirates, Lauro! It's awesome! I have flew quite some airlines, but this was definitely the best! Seats are good, screens very multi functional, I mean TV, internet, USB plug in to listen your own music, watching own pictures or documents! Hundreds of movies, tv series, docus, games and so to choose from! AWESOME!!!
Posted on: Aug 23, 2012
Josephkr says:
Emirates best airlines in the world no doubts abt it
Food comfort crew is awesome
Posted on: Oct 28, 2011
oltrego says:
one of the best? not anymore! :D
Posted on: Apr 24, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Emirates Airline

Overnight at Millennium Airport Hotel - Dubai
June 01, 2008: One of the longest transatlantic flights I have taken in a long while, well not really because last year I did the same leg. I wonder why this time if felt extremely long. New York (JF…Dubai , Emirates Airlines booked my daughter and I, into the commercial wing (the recently upgraded wing of the Millennium hotel…
Full of Eastern promise
Cities grow in size, shape, stature and renown, some at a snail's pace, and others at such breakneck speed that you wonder exactly what kind of money and work ethic is behind all the speedy urbani…Dubai with Emirates airline was a simple two-step process, and even for a seasoned traveller, it really is hard…

Check Dubai Hotel Deals