Emerson 10x25 Digital Camera Binoculars

United States

Emerson 10x25 Digital Camera Binoculars Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Lack of memory and smaller than viewed photos. Jul 29, 2009
As most people know, I am about to go on a cruise to Alaska, so I am shopping for needed supplies. One of those things, I thought, would be a digital binocular and camera for getting better close shots of the glaciers and distant animals we might see.

We found this Emerson 10 x 25 on sale at a very cheap price and figured it was worth a look. It offered a nice compact and light weight styling, runs on 2 AAA batteries, and comes with software, a USB cable to download photos, a manual, and even a tripod mount. But as I discovered after purchasing it, it only has a 16 Mb storage, which they say is good for 20 pictures and there was no way to change that storage.

The other drawback that came out after just a very few “test” shots was that the picture taken with the camera is smaller that the image through the binoculars, which it stated in the manual. But it was significantly smaller! Like cutting 20% off top, bottom, and each side. So you are left with about 60% of what you had viewed.

Those two significant drawbacks resulted in me returning the product to the store where I purchased it.

This is one that even if you see it at an extremely cheap price, I suggest you pass. :(
Emerson 10x25 Digital Camera Binoc…
X_Drive says:
That was the main reason I wrote this one, Kong. To save someone from making the mistake. :D
Posted on: Aug 17, 2009
almond72 says:
Thank goodness for you telling us before I bought one !
Posted on: Aug 17, 2009
travelman727 says:
To get closer photos of the distant animals, have Judy dangle you over the side of the cruise ship as bait :-) I'm sure she'll have memories that will last your lifetime; probably much longer :-D
Posted on: Jul 29, 2009