Embassy Guesthouse

Check Koh Samui Hotel Deals

Embassy Guesthouse Koh Samui Reviews

dfoo dfoo
Dec 27, 2007
Stayed here on my recent trip to Thailand and due to poor planning on my part it was one of the few places available around the Christmas/NY period.

It is right in the middle of Chaweng Beach and is indeed in a very good location. All shops and restaurants and resorts are within walking distance, and the beach itself is accessible by walking through the Silver Sands resort which is literally next door.

Luigi (the owner) is the most friendly guy ever. He made sure I had a nice stay at the Embassy and offered a lot of help when I was there. He even greeted me by name when I arrived. Now that's personal. It is a small guesthouse though with only about 5-6 rooms. So it's easy to know everyone there. Which is quite refreshing from the huge soulless resorts littered around the island.

The food menu was also quite good and when I felt lazy I would often pop downstairs for breakfast or a quick meal.

The room itself is fairly basic. A bed and cabinet and a TV. But I don't think I needed anything else besides a comfortable bed. And it was. Especially when I was sick and slept a lot.

Overall I would highly recommend this place. It's cheap for Samui, has friendly staff, and a great location. As cliche as it sounds it didn't feel like a guesthouse for me. More like home. Would definitely return given the chance.
DrewSFO says:
Here's a website that I found for them, I believe:

At well under 1,000 baht per night, it seems a good deal. Too bad it is full for my stay!
Posted on: Apr 13, 2008