Elmar's In The Valley

https://elmars.com.au - +61 8 9296 6354

Elmar's In The Valley Swan Valley Reviews

SWFC_Fan SWFC_Fan
Elmar's In The Valley Mar 02, 2017
During our visit to Perth in November 2015, we booked ourselves onto a wine and food tasting tour of the nearby Swan Valley.

The tour that we booked was run by Out & About Wine Tours and included 5 wineries, a brewery and a chocolate company.

The sixth stop on the tour (after visits to 5 wineries) was Elmar's in the Valley; a German-style brewery and restaurant.

There were 6 different beers available for us to sample:

Marzen Oktoberfest Bier

Kick Back (Hefeweizen / Wheat Beer)

Ein Stein (Pilsner)

Over Draught (Altbier)

Dunkel Bier (Dunkelweizen)

Schwarzbier (Dark Beer)

One free tasting per person was included in our tour and additional tastings cost a mere 2 AUD each. With Emma not liking beer, I chose a couple of free samples and then purchased a third. I diligently checked the 3 beers in on my Untappd account once I was back in Perth. The 3 beers that I sampled were:

Marzen Okotoberfest Bier: 3.25 out of 5 on Untappd.com (https://untappd.com/user/JMA79/checkin/246441857)

Kick Back Hefeweizen: 3 out of 5 on Untappd.com (https://untappd.com/user/JMA79/checkin/246442169)

Dunkel Bier: 3 out of 5 on Untappd.com (https://untappd.com/user/JMA79/checkin/246442394)

While none of the beers were outstanding (and certainly not as enjoyable as the beers that I'd enjoyed at Hope Estate during a Hunter Valley tour the previous week) it was still nice to be drinking beer after a day of drinking wines!

As we stood around sipping beers, our guide, Jenny, came around with plates of snacks; sausages, mustard, nachos and cheese.

We had already eaten lunch at Sittella Winery earlier in the day, so didn't make use of the restaurant. The menu is fairly extensive, with a range of salads, soups, meat and seafood dishes and desserts, and includes German specialities such as bratwurst, schweinshaxe, spätzle, sauerkraut and apple strudel.

Mon-Tues: Closed

Weds-Thurs: Open for Lunch only

Fri-Sun: Open for Lunch and Dinner
Elmar's In The Valley German-style…
Elmar's In The Valley German-style…
"Kick Back" wheat beer at Elmar's …
Marzen Oktoberfest Bier at Elmar's…
SWFC_Fan says:
The Märzen beer was only 4.8%, similar to most of Elmar's other beers. The Schwarzbier was slightly stronger at 5%. The beers here were just ok...not as good as the beer in Germany! :-)
Posted on: Mar 08, 2017
german_eagle says:
German beer in Australia sounds interesting. Was the Märzen beer the strongest? Should be.
Posted on: Mar 07, 2017