Ellen's Stardust Diner

New York, New York
Ellen's Stardust Diner - Two of the wait staff singing Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing.  Good fun.
Ellen's Stardust Diner - My Favorite Diner
Ellen's Stardust Diner - Singing Staff

Ellen's Stardust Diner New York Reviews

texadian texadian
Fun Fun Fun Jul 09, 2014
Wow what a great time you will have at this diner! A must eat at when visiting NY! The entire diner is a retro 50s theme and the wait staff is dressed like you went back in time. All the wait staff are budding broadway entertainers...infact many agents go there to find talent.

While eating, your waiter or waitress may be found walking along a table singing .....

I don't remember how the food was. I ordered hamburger...think it was typical diner food but the entertainment I could never forget. I could have spent hours in there!

Located centrally on Broadway.
gwizzle17 gwizzle17
Fun time Dec 21, 2009
At about average NY food prices, Ellen's Diner is a fun place to do something a little cheesy and a little fun. Obviously a tourist place, Ellen's has a singing wait staff. All of the waiters and waitresses take turns singing, and surprisingly (or perhaps not so, considering the restaurant is on Broadway) they all have great voices! We apparently enjoyed dance hour.

The food wasn't fantastic but the frozen hot chocolate was quite good. We ordered the Mac and Cheese, which actually turned out to be cheesy shells.

I would definitely go for the experience and not the food. A good place to have a milkshake and a show. =)
Two of the wait staff singing Time…
Travelbug86 Travelbu…
Fun for Food Sep 14, 2009
This was a great place to eat in NY, i did several times between my two trips there.

Its out of work Broadway actors and great fun to be there. Both times i've visited NY around the holiday season, once just after thanksgiving and once on thanksgiving. In Ellens its all singing all dancing all serving! Usually a selection from the Broadway shows, and a good mix of christmas songs!

They also do the best Waffles i could find!

I would certainly suggest eating here if you want classic NY food with a great atmosphere, although if you can, sit upstairs, the basement is a bit stuffy and dark!
sand42 sand42
Jul 24, 2006
The food is good, but the draw is the entertainment.

The signing staff sing karoke while serving the food. They are struggling actors. They sign really great.
My Favorite Diner
Singing Staff
blobalicious blobalic…
Jul 18, 2004
This place is cool! It's a traditional US diner on Broadway, but there's a twist. The wiat-staff all sing, and they take in turns to give performances whilst you eat. Lots of fun. The food was good too, and they do a leathal frozen cocktail called a scorpion-bowl - brain freeze!

Check New York Hotel Deals