Elle a Wine Country Restaurant

www.ellerestaurant.com - (520) 327-0500

Elle a Wine Country Restaurant Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Great Ambiance Jul 11, 2009
The first time I went to this mid town restaurant was for a wine tasting with SAAC's wine tasting group, I did not stay long. The second time I went again for a SAAC Happy hour that turned out to be an outdoors occasion, I however managed to go inside once or twice to use the bathrooms which are well decorated with great art on the walls and great styled wash basins.

Last week I dined with a friend at Elle and managed to feel the place out and experience the great ambiance, there was a little to be said about the service, but nothing to complain about either. I must say this is a great almost fine dinning restaurant with a great selection of wines, I wrote about it a little in my SAAC blog.

The decor in the restaurant is rich in gold, burgundy and beautiful oak wood arches for the wine display area. The cuisine tended more to a French/Italian and one would argue it to be continental. They had a bar across from the dinning area with a great bartender who knew more about wine than any bartender I have chanced to meet.

I ordered fresh vegetables with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mozzarella cheese and we shared a bottle of Argentinean wine. My friend ordered a plate of medium rare steak with avocado, onion rings and fresh garden vegetables and a vinaigrette dressing. Tasty, tasty food indeed. Great applaus for the chef, the food was delicious and the presentation alone, lured us into eating as soon as the waiter placed the plates in front of us. It is not hard to see why this place gets a rather different class/ more professional crowd for dinners and wine tasting.

Their prices are reasonable and the wine list is International. We paid $48 for dinner for two including wine. For the wine lover, the choices of matured wines from Elle's cellars will make your evening grand indeed, it made ours. For Tucson, I would count it among the finer dinning restuarants. Highly recommended.

Related Travel Blogs About Elle a Wine Country Restaurant

Happy Hour at Elle Wine Country Restaurant
An estimated 59 SAAC members attended the meet up: I was not signed up to attend but I decided at the last minute to go and attend just to see if I would be refued entrance. This was supposed to be a… An estimated 59 SAAC members attended the meet up: I was not signed up to attend but I decided at…

Check Tucson Hotel Deals