Elephant & Castle Restaurant & Pub

424 Clay St, San Francisco, CA, USA

Elephant & Castle Restaurant & Pub San Francisco Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Great Pub for meetup, or just for dinner and drinks May 02, 2009
This is a growing chain in the US and Canada and has more than 20 locations presently. San Francisco’s location is in the financial district and appears to be fairly popular. We had the opportunity to try it out when we attended the large TravBuddy meetup held there on May 2nd. The main floor is a Pub and restaurant and the lower floor was used that night as a great gathering place for the large crowd of members who chatted and drank the evening away.

The menu, which in includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night, and take, out leans to the British side, with such things as Bangers and Mash, Roast Beef stuffed Yorkshire, and Shepherd’s Pie, but also includes many other tasty sounding dishes. They also serve an abundance of Starters and Appetizers.

Prices were very modest and the food was good. Service seemed a little slow but you have to remember there were a large crowd of us there all at the same time.

They did not have drink service downstairs which meant lots of trips back upstairs to refill our drinks but that probably helped from us getting too tipsy or noisy.

I personally felt this was an excellent choice for dinner, drinks and the large gathering!!
Exterior shot
aelder2259 says:
I just read their menu and now I'm hungry!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2009
aelder2259 says:
We have one of these here in Seattle, but I've never been to it.
Posted on: Jun 02, 2009