Element Fresh

Shanghai, China
Element Fresh - Delicious Breakfast awaited for us each day at Fraser Residence!
Element Fresh - Take your pick!
Element Fresh - A side order of bacon this good, totally worth it! ;)
Element Fresh - Perfect with our brewed coffee!

Element Fresh Shanghai Reviews

ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
You cannot go wrong with Element Fresh! Jun 16, 2011
Prior to my trip to Shanghai, I did look up on restos and good places to eat. I stumbled upon Element Fresh, which was ranked as the Top 5 or 6 resto from TA. Listed it down as a must-try resto, just in case we get tired of the whole Chinese-oriental cuisine and we wanted to get something fresh and a lil more western.

To my pleasant surprise, Fraser Residence Shanghai, which was our home for 4 days, actually had its own Element Fresh branch at the 6th floor of the hotel/serviced apartment. Even non-residents/guests can actually eat there if they fancied, no key cards required since it was technically the common floor and had the members/residents lounge as well, on the other side. The surprise didn't stop there. Found out that our daily breakfast was actually at Element Fresh! Part of the package is a breakfast voucher for the resto, and while it's not the typical hot buffet setting, I actually was impressed with the selection and the wonderful breakfast set menus. Just to share, our daily options were the following below:

Two eggs any style* served with dark toast and potatoes

Scallop congee breakfast dried scallop and chicken congee served with classic side dishes, a fried egg, fresh fruit, a glass of soya milk and a cup of green tea.

Buttermilk pancakes with choice of toppings (includes a side of fresh fruit)

Yogurt and fruit a bowl of yogurt with chopped apples and bananas, sprinkled with raisins and toasted almonds

It was lovely and the perfect start to our day during our time in Shanghai. They're also most famous for great salads, sandwiches, juices and smoothies. While I loved their brewed coffee, I have come to enjoy ordering their fresh Orange Juice everyday. So healthy and delicious!

I also would like to note that this was probably one of the few restaurants and establishments in Shanghai where communication wasn't so much of a struggle and they had a few staff who could better understand and communicate in English. The service was fast and top-notch. I understand that it may not be the most affordable option in Shanghai, but trust me, you'll definitely get what you'll pay for. =)
Delicious Breakfast awaited for us…
Perfect with our brewed coffee!
Take your pick!
A side order of bacon this good, t…
ahintofvanilla says:
Hey, Jesper! Thank you! Glad you liked it.

Yep, they have branches in both SH and Beijing from their website. Really good stuff! Hope they branch out all over Asia! =)
Posted on: Jun 27, 2011
Enigmaa says:
Good review Jo! EF is sooo good! They have branches all over China, and I go to the BJ one all the time! Its great! :)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Element Fresh

Jing'an temple and Nanjing road
It was not easy getting out of bed this morning. But I wanted to see Shanghai: so of I go. It's really, really warm and the sun is burning on my skin. Now I understand why all the women are walking w…Element fresh) It's clear that this is where the modern Shanghai Chinese eats. It's almost cold inside…

Check Shanghai Hotel Deals