Electric Tour Company Segway Tours

757 Beach St, San Francisco, CA, USA

Electric Tour Company Segway Tours San Francisco Reviews

austin37335 austin37…
A fun way to see San Fransisco Oct 04, 2010
We were planning our trip to San Francisco and of course we wanted to see the sights and learn a little about the city. While browsing city tours on the internet I came across the Electric Tour Company and their Segway tours and immediately I knew this was the way we would see the city. I booked online there and then and later broke the news to Julie, who thankfully was as keen as me.

When the day of the tour arrived we took the cable car to the end of the Powell/Hyde line and the tour office was just a block away from there.

There were 8 of us on the tour and after being given safety helmets and being introduced to our tour guide, the first task was to get familiar with our Segways. One by one our guide coached us to first stand and dismount the machine, then cautiously move off and manoeuvre around an obstacle course. It took a little getting used to at first and the principle is that you stand on the platform and lean forward to go forward, lean back to stop, and lean from side to side to steer. Within 45 minutes we all had mastered our machines and we were off on our tour.

We were given headsets so that we could hear our guide and the tour took us out single file onto the streets of San Francisco. Mixing with the traffic was a little daunting at first but our tour guide, who was funny and informative, made sure we were safe and that we kept together.

We explored the city for about 90 minutes and eventually ended up on the municipal pier where we were allowed some free time to play on our machines. Julie and I 'free-styled' and showed off to each other by pulling tight turns, riding hands free, and choreographing moves. How far we had come from our first tentative moves back at the office just a short time ago. However, the inevitable happened and of course I ended up falling off and grazing my elbow while showing off my skills!

This was a really fun way to explore San Francisco and we enjoyed every moment. San Francisco is a fabulous city and this tour made it even more memorable for us. If you're looking for a slightly different way to see the city, then this is highly recommended. It's not too cheap at $70 each, but in my opinion it's worth every cent.
The start of our adventure
Me and my Segway
Filming you filming me
Julie and her Segway
austin37335 says:
Oh yes Brian, it was a great, fun way to see the sights of a compact city like San Francisco
Posted on: May 13, 2012
spocklogic says:
I've seen people in DC riding around in groups dressed something you all were. Must be the same kind of thing. Looks like a fun-filled activity and unique kind of tour.
Posted on: May 12, 2012
austin37335 says:
Thank you Jim, it sure was a cool way to see 'Sisco
Posted on: Mar 21, 2012