El Viajero-Manantiales Hostel

Check Punta del Este Hotel Deals

El Viajero-Manantiales Hostel Punta del Este Reviews

wanderingluster wanderin…
good place, good people, good times Feb 10, 2009

I've never felt compelled to write a review of a hostel before, but now... everything has changed.

I did a search via Hostelworld for a hostel in Punt del Este, Uruguay and came across a few. I originally stayed in the centre of Punta but found the place (which incidentally was rated by Lonely Planet as one of the best hostels in Uruguay) very small, expensive and not overly friendly.

As I was planning to stay about a week I decided to have a look around the following day. As soon as I got to El Viajero-Manantiales Hostel I was instantly impressed by the staff and the spaciousness of the place.

It's well set out, is only 600 metres walk from the famous "Bikini Beach" and 2 kilometres from the nightlife centre "La Barra" Local buses also leave every 20 minutes for the centre of Punta del Este which is about 15-20 minutes away.

Some of the services offered are; bicycle and surfboard hire, free internet and Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen, outside pool, poolside bar, lockers, dvds and an inclusive breakfast.

They have a Uruguayan themed dinner taken by the pool every night. There's also a special that if you stay for 3 nights you get the 4th night free. It was already cheaper than it's competitors so this offer really made it an attractive package!

My days were spent at Bikini Beach, lying by the pool or sitting at the poolside bar taking impromptu spanish lessons with the staff - free of charge!! I was very impressed by the amenities but the most commendable aspect of Manantiales Hostel are the staff. They go out of their way to help in any way they can. I'm happy to say I've made some good friends from my short time there.

Not only are they a friendly bunch but they're also a good looking bunch. I'm not going to sexually discriminate here, there are even some good looking blokes, you know who you are - but don't take this as an offer I haven't been converted!

If you ever plan to go to Uruguay make sure to get to Punta de Este and make your stay an enjoyable one at:

El Viajero-Manantiales Hostel, http://www.manantialeshostel.com/en/