El Veridico de Fidel

935 Abtao, Lima, Peru

El Veridico de Fidel Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Best Leche de Tigre ever and great cebiche at El Veridico de Fidel Sep 27, 2009
The true place of Fidel (that might be the translation of the name). Fidel is the owner and he's the chef. I have heard about this place several times when I was talking to some friends. I was dying to try it, but the problem was its location. It's located in a non so safe area... in front of the a soccer stadium, which might be the reason why it's so popular among the soccer players, well besides of the delicious food they serve.

I was almost loosing hope about going to this place, when suddenly I saw them at the Food Festival! OMG! I saw the light! hahaha. I'll try it. According to the famous Gaston (a Peruvian chef that visits different restaurants and food stands) they prepare the best Leche de Tigre.

This dish, actually appetizer, is the juice of the cebiche (lime, onion, salt, pepper, chili) and they add a dash of milk. They serve it with some pieces of fish, sweet potato and corn. We say that the Leche de Tigre is the best for the hangover, hahaha.

Well, Gaston was so right, this is the best Leche de Tigre ever!!! Not too spicy, but you could taste the spice. The corn was sweet and it was sour but not that much. Too good!!! Mouth watering now...

I couldn't say much about the restaurant, since I didn't visit it, but it changed recently. When Shawn was in Lima, this restaurant was part of the his list of restaurants to visit. Sure, we'd go there. I would have a bodyguard, hehe.

The restaurant is located in front of the Alianza Lima soccer club stadium. It's small but has a good atmosphere. The staff is really kind and helpful, starting with the guy at the door - he even helped us to take a cab in our way out, since the area can be a bit dangerous - and including the waiters.

The food is delicious!!! Of course the highlight is the Leche de Tigre. You could see a LT bowl on every table. We also tried the house cebiche: cebiche El Veridico. It had 4 types of cebiche: fish, fish & seasfood, black mussels and sea urchin. It was good, although none of us was fan of the sea urchin. But the fish and fish & sea food were fresh and tasty.

Next time, besides the leche de tigre, I'll ask for a fish cebiche, just fish, hehe.

Good news! They just opened a 2nd location in a nice area, yay! I guess I should visit that :) Well, to sum up, I'd say this is a great place. The location might not be the best one, but it makes it more real, hehehe. You get great service, delicious food and it's cheap!
name
Fidel
Best Leche de Tigre, ever! This is…
outside the restaurant
yadilitta says:
yes, leche de tigre, crawling for one. Have to go back!!!
Posted on: Dec 09, 2009