El Torito

www.eltorito.com - 559-485-1171

El Torito Fresno Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Authentic Mexican food experince Dec 19, 2014
We did not plan to visit Fresno especially in search of a restaurant for our evening meal. As it happened, we were on a streak of bad luck with lack of proper food places where we were staying. In the end, it only worked out in our advantage. We would have never discovered El Torito Mexican restaurant otherwise.

With plenty chain restaurants, or fast-food type places, all around it, El Torito is not that easy to notice especially in the darkness of the evening. We were extremely glad we decided to take another tour around the street only to find this place.

From the outside the restaurant does not look any more impressive than any other on this street. What makes it worth mentioning is the food.

The interior of the restaurant is quite authentic – reminding of an old Mexican hacienda where you can unwind, eat, drink and have fun. Separate dedicated bar area provides plenty opportunities for a friendly conversation by a shot of tequila or some other drink.

The place was quite packed when we arrived, nonetheless a waitress promptly found us a table. Deciding on food was a difficult decision to make – so many options and so little knowledge on my part about it. I was not alone though, and with a lot of help, I managed to choose something to eat – eat as much as you like fish tacos served with frijoles de la olla and rice. We also ordered flame-grilled steak fajitas with rice, frijoles de la olla, guacamole and sweet corn cake.

Our expectations of having a quick dinner were pretty slim considering how busy the restaurant was. Hungry, we were watching every plate being brought by the waiters in hope of seeing ours. To diminish our anguish a little, we were served some tortilla chips. And much sooner than expected our dishes arrived.

We dug in feverishly to discover the astounding flavours of the dishes (although I am not an expert since it was my first Mexican food experience). Everything was fresh and succulent with well-balanced seasonings. I finished all my tacos without hesitation, and since my dish was re-fillable, I ordered some more to take with me for lunch the next day. I think that speaks for itself.

It was a shame we were staying only one night in this area as I would have liked to come back for another dinner here.

Total of our bill – just over $30 including drinks, which is a great price for the quality of the food.
Sign