El Tayta

Lima, Peru

El Tayta Lima Reviews

christianjg christia…
El tayta Jun 24, 2011
For me has a good music to all kind of preferences, with different environments for each kind of music, the cost of the drinks are about average, you'll find very friendly people who likes to dance a lot..also it has something like a private room to share just with your friends..!!! i don't know what else can i say..;)
almelovakr almelova…
Very nice bar Aug 04, 2009
El Tayta is a bar near the central park in Miraflores so the location is perfect.

It's hard to find the entrance if it's the first time you want to visit it.

When you come in, the staff is greeting you very friendly.

You can sit at the bar, on the bench or on one or take a seat to one of the little tables.

They have a lot of nice coctails, but also good cold beers.

I definatly recommend the mohito's, but i have to tell you they are very dangerous at el Tayta haha!

Every day around 11:00 in the evening they have a live band or a singer, and they are always very good!

The singers are mostly from Peru i guess but you can't hear it on the voice when they sing.

They are realy realy good.

There are some old farmer tools on the wall and some old paintings, what makes it feel a comfortable place for a "farmer" like me haha

It's a bit a Dutch style

The drinks are not very expensive, so a perfect uppertonity to drinke one more ;)

Maybe a bit expensise for the Peruvian people but then it's also affortable.

It's a very nice bar,nice staff and they have nice drinks.

Lights are shining not to intense for your eyes and that's good, more pubs should do that in Lima with softlights.

Great to sit there for a evening but it's the best when you come around 11 because then the most people will come.

I was at this pub with my dad and Yadi

Yadi showed us this pub because it's here favorite and she's right. (she's always right:P)

We took place at the backside of the pub on a leather couch and a small table.

After a few minutes we got our drinks, the famous Pisco sours!

We had a nice conversation and Yadi let us met with a friend of her; Christian.

He's a realy nice guy for a chat and and i drink.

I had a great evening in El Tayta.

The staff is realy nice and the further days the recognised me :)

Yeah what do you want with sutch a nice guy from the Netherlands haha
yadilitta yadilitta
Not just another bar Oct 31, 2007
El Tayta is a good bar, perfect to start an evening out - or as we say here for "los previos". It's located in Larco, in front of the Central Park and City Hall. You have a great view from the park :)

They have good deals for different days. You can listen to good music, have a couple of drinks and spend a nice time. I love the environment of this small bar - always a party time!

They are open from Mo - Sun, from 6:00pm - the last customer leaves...

Recently they decided to open on Sunday, yay!!!

For start try a cocktail with Pisco and then keep on going with the beer. They will give you free snacks, a traditional one called: "Canchita", this is made with our big giant corn. Usually you have it also with cebiche, but they add a bit of spicy, :)

And once you are ready to dance you can go to other place or cross the door and go to the Yaya, which is the disco of the Tayta. The dance floor is open just on Friday and Saturday, but since they have live music daily, you can dance anyway, hehehe. At least I do so...

The staff is really friendly too. Sometimes they could be a bit slow, but since most of them know me, I can get a good table haha.

That's for sure, you will have fun over there. I go there often, and everytime I have a blast. You will notice it's becoming a TB's MUST too, haha. Now it's consider "My Place" haha
Live Music!
Nice little place
Posted on: Apr 20, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About El Tayta

El Tayta till 5am
It was already midnight when I met with Cinthia and Marcel from the Netherlands. The three of us went to El Tayta Bar in Miraflores and together drank 8 jugs of cerveza plus one tequila eac…El Tayta Bar in Miraflores and together drank 8 jugs of cerveza plus one tequila each :-) Our bill was 190 soles! Oh my god :-) I guess Cinthia is right…

Check Lima Hotel Deals