El Sol Verde

El Sol Verde - my tent and all my crap
El Sol Verde - camping area and bathroom/shower area
El Sol Verde - El Sol Verde
El Sol Verde - my tent!

Compare Liberia Hotel Rates (9.4km away)

El Sol Verde Curubande Reviews

kelleb kelleb
Lodge & Campgroud Jan 23, 2009
I headed towards Liberia because I wanted to make it to the Rincon de la Vieja National Park. I read in the Lonely Planet that there were a few small places in the small town of Curubande, very close to the Park. I got into Liberia and was told there was no longer a bus heading towards Curubande... a very nice taxi man was helping me find a place and even let me use his cell phone to call the number for El Sol Verde (which was in LP.) A very nice woman spoke to me and told me there was a bus headed that way and would be leaving in 10 minutes. I found my way out there on an old school bus in a very small, local "tico town." I got to the lodge and Gerard and Ingrid were great!! A very nice Dutch couple runs the lodge and they couldn't have been better. I stayed in a tent for $15/night that was ready with an air mattress and clean sheets. In a very safe area I was not one bit concerned. There is a very nice building in the camping area with (hot!) showers, bathrooms, etc. Very nice. They offered a breakfast in the morning for $5 which consisted of fruit and toast.. so good !! They couldn't have helped more with ideas of things to do in the area and how to get around. My short stay in Curubande was probably my most favorite out of my whole trip.
El Sol Verde
my tent!
camping area and bathroom/shower a…
my tent and all my crap

Compare Liberia Hotel Rates (9.4km away)

El Sol Verde Map