El Siboney

Key West, Florida

El Siboney Key West Reviews

WildwoodCorgis Wildwood…
Great food, great prices Sep 13, 2011
El Siboney does not disappoint! Set in a more residential part of Key West, we arrived in between waves of diners and were seated immediately near the front door. No problem, everyone pays at the front, so it is a great place to people watch! Warm Cuban bread arrived and we knew we were in for a treat. We ordered Roast Pork and Fried Yellowtail Snapper, both with yellow rice, black beans, and fried plantains. Both entrees were amazingly delicious, although we were going to share, I didn't want to part with even part of the pork! The plantains were crunchy melt-in-your-mouth goodness, and the evening was a success. Our entire bill was $42 (we had Cokes to drink).

This isn't a big place, but it is a comfortable place, with family friendliness running throughout the wait staff.

I can't wait to stop here again!
mainhart mainhart
Authentic & Cheap Cuban Jul 06, 2010
While I was in Key west I wanted to try authentic Cuban Food. Cuban sandwiches and dishes could easily be found, but I wanted the real thing. Since I have never been to Cuba I figured Key West would be the closest I will get (for now). I grew up with Puerto Rican food so I'm familiar with many of the dishes. It seems every time I asked for an authentic Cuban restaurant El Siboney was suggested. I mean EVERY time. So one night I walked into this ordinary residential neighborhood and found this house with a line out the door. I knew I must have found the place and my mouth was watering! The restaurant had a small dining room full of happy people. It looked very homey. Since I was dining alone I asked if I could sit at the small counter where I saw an available seat. The place smelled AMAZING! I had pernil, and rice & black beans. The portion was large and it was absolutely delicious. Heaven. The homemade sangria disappointed me a little, but it was only $2, so no big loss. My bill with sangria came to $11. I couldn't believe it. El Siboney is a wonderful gem of a family-owned restaurant that probably harks back to a quieter era in Key West before the hordes of tourists moved in and took over Duval Street.

Check Key West Hotel Deals