El Rinconcito Arequipeno

Jr. Bernardo Alcedo #514 - Lince, Lima, Peru
El Rinconcito Arequipeno - inside
El Rinconcito Arequipeno - the triple arequipeno: sarsa de patitas, rocoto relleno & chicharron
El Rinconcito Arequipeno - having lunch
El Rinconcito Arequipeno - not a fancy place, but full of local flavor
El Rinconcito Arequipeno - menu
El Rinconcito Arequipeno - the entrance
El Rinconcito Arequipeno - the Arequipena beer

El Rinconcito Arequipeno Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Authentic food from Arequipa at the Rinconcito Arequipeno Oct 07, 2009
Arequipa is located south of the country and they are always claiming their cuisine is the best in the country. Well, it's not about fish and seafood, since they are not located on the coast. I've been looking for the perfect spot to try the original dishes and finally found it. I've seen this place several times before but never tried it. They were at the Food Festival (there was a long line to buy some food here) and got a special review at a tv show.

I was hanging out with Dan and David. It was their last day in Peru and I wanted them to try the cuisine of a different region, so which better place to do it than here?

The restaurant is over 40 years old and the location is the original since day 1. The grandma of the owner started the business and it was a success since the beginning.

This place is known but the arequipenos living in Lima who go there when they miss their food. The location is a big house. The decoration is simple, just like a house, nothing different, except of the posters of their beloved Arequipa, hahaha.

We were here for Arequipena food and that's what we got. In order to try the most traditional stuff, we got the Triple Arequipeno which contained:

sarsa de patitas: boiled cow feet with onion salad

rocoto relleno: stuffed red bell pepper. Stuffing: beef cooked with onion and garlic. Also you found pieces of boiled egg and raisins.

chicharron: fried pork, including the fat

I wasn't sure about the patitas, but they were good! It was my 1st time trying it. And this dish was David's favorite

The rocoto relleno might be one the best I've ever eaten. The pepper wasn't spicy, so you can eat it all. The stuffin was delicious!

The chicharron was tender. I left the fat, hehe.

I remember the long lines for the rocoto relleno and understood it very well. So glad I tried this place and found a new favorite one, hehe.

And to drink we got an Arequipena beer. This is one of the only places where you can find that beer in Lima...

Regarding the service, it was good, although the waiters seemed to be in a hurry. The prices were average. We ordered this platter which was supposed to be for 1-2, but was enough for 3 who wanted to try different and new flavors. It was S/.55 which is approx US$19
not a fancy place, but full of loc…
the entrance