Calle Gerona 42, Sevilla, Spain

El Rinconcillo Sevilla Reviews

Im_a_local Im_a_loc…
The oldest bar in Seville Mar 01, 2014
El Rinconcillo, located near Plaza de Los Terceros is Seville's oldest bar, founded in 1670 and although we had done our research separately both couples had added it to our things to see list.

It has a collection of antique spirit bottles that line the walls and if you fancy tapas, you can eat in the bar or if you feel like a meal, there’s a restaurant upstairs.

We ate here that night and the food was good if a bit expensive for what was served but we followed this with ice cream at Rayas probably the best helados in Seville. You can choose from 30 different flavours.
Inside bar
Upstairs restaurant
For the Vegitarian
Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
El Rinconcillo - Sevilla's oldest pub Dec 10, 2009
El Rinconcillo has been around since 1670, and was another internet 'find' in my research before going to Sevilla.

Well worth the effort to go up and visit, though it did take me a bit to find it as I just had the fact that it was close to the Plaza Los Teceros.

Nothing much to look at from the outside, but as soon as you go inside the place just oozes history.

Bar split into two areas and a restaurant section to the side. While I was in there were folk looking to book tables for a couple of days time and they had no chance as it was fully booked for the nights running up to Christmas.

Was quiet when I went in and I ordered a beer at the solid looking mahogany bar. Nice little feature was they just chalked your tab onto the bar 8). I wasn't the only one who was here for tourist reasons, with a couple taking pictures of each other in the bar, so I offered to take one of them together.

Ordered some tapas off the menu,Chorizo Cular Iberico, which didn't turn out to be what I expected, and was quite greasy eating.

Couldn't help but wonder at the style of the place and of how it has kept such a traditional look. The usual hams hanging aboe the bar and display shelves with loads of bottles.

It was the back room though with it's tiled wall with the history on it that really was impressive. While I had been wandering looking for the place there had been folk queueing to get into the chapel up the road, and I assume that once the service was over a lot of them headed in here, as it soon got really busy.

I had another couple of beers before making an unwanted departure to head back into town.

A place well worth visiting of an evening in Sevilla 8)
Chalked bar tab
Back Wall
Menu Card
yadilitta says:
I like this kind of places!
Posted on: Dec 20, 2009