El Rincon que no Conoces

Bernardo Alcedo #363 - Lince, Lima, Peru

El Rincon que no Conoces Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Delicious Peru Creole Cuisine @ El Rincon que no Conoces Nov 27, 2009
The corner you don’t know is the translation of the name of this restaurant. This restaurant is a classic in Peruvian cuisine, which a chef respected by everyone – including our most famous chef who asks for her approval. She has been cooking for several years and shares here all her expertise. This place is just about Peruvian food, typical one, she rescues the traditional recipes almost forgotten by most of us.

It’s located in Lince, which is a middle class area. It’s not a fancy place, but this 2 floors house is very nice you will feel as if you were home. The 1st floor is a dining area whit walls covered with pictures of famous people who are also regular customers; in the 2nd floor you will find, besides more tables, the amazing buffet. Getting a table on the 1st floor during the buffet, is actually a good idea. Going up and down helps you with the digestion.

As I said, the menu is about Peruvian food, mostly Creole from the coast but also include dishes from highlands. On Wednesdays they have a Peru Creole buffet and on last month's Fridays they have a special Beans Buffet. This beans festival is something unique. This was the main reason why I visited this restaurant and I couldn’t choose a better partner than a bean lover.

Now about the Beans Experience, so many dishes with beans! First of all the fee includes a free appetizer platter which comes with plantains, fried eggs, thin beef, beans empanada and potatoes stuffed with beans. But I recommend not eating it and saving room for the buffet. You will need it, hahaha. Everything has to do with beans, but also home made food. You will find a beans soup, which is very good. Perfect comfort food. I heard someone saying it was better than his mother’s.

Here are some of the dishes I found less common or just too good:

- Bean soup: very good and tastes home made

- Bean Pizza: definitely something new. The crust was too big for my taste, but it was a good combination

- Bean Terrine: with 3 different kinds of beans. The look was more impressive than the taste itself, but was good though.

- Tacos: prepared just in front of you

- Mexican Beans: they had avocado. Were tasty.

- Black Brazilian Beans: I didn’t realize how different they were until I tried it and felt the coconut and orange. Love them!

- Beans Salad: really fresh and simple. Maybe my favorite dish

- Beans with pineapple: sounds bizarre, but tasted very good

- Beans with chocolate: definitely not for me. I don’t eat chocolate and this experiment was too much for me, although people seemed to love them. They were gone very fast

- Casilda Beans: a traditional recipe that uses Algarrobina (sweet syrup), very good!

Among others… and of course different sauces - spicy and not spicy.

Everyone will get a dessert: Frejol Colado, which is also made with beans and a fruity sweet honey. Tastes good, but I was too full to enjoy it. At the end, they will serve you an anisette shot, in order to help with the digestion.

Service was good. They were some waitresses who were really nice and kind and others just ok, but in general staff was good.

This place is not the cheapest, but it’s not that expensive either. It’s a delicious meal and worth it to pay. If you are attending to any buffet, be sure not to eat before or after, hahaha. Definitely here you will get the traditional flavor of Peru Creole Cuisine.
The one sitting is the chef: Teres…
the doors are kept closed just to …
inside the restaurant
yadilitta says:
Really? on Rachel Ray? Well, that's true. This restaurant should be part of your agenda next time you visit Lima. Thanks for the kind words :)
Posted on: Dec 27, 2009
jayhawkdennis says:
El Rincon Que No Conoces was on one of Rachel Ray's shows here in the US! I can't believe I've never been there...next time I head down to Peru, I'm there! The food looks really good. Nice pictures and good review!
Posted on: Dec 27, 2009
yadilitta says:
so glad you were in Lima at the right time!
Posted on: Dec 03, 2009