El Retrovisor

San Jose, Costa Rica

El Retrovisor San Jose Reviews

Higton Higton
Mar 02, 2007
Check me out - going to fancy nightclubs at my age. El Retrovisor seems to be a hang out for youth and university types. It was a little bit like being transported back into England as:

1. It had an English feel to it, so much so the bit next to the dance area was a little "Working Mens' Club".

2. It had a theme which was unsurprisingly "Retro". It was pretty well done though. For example, the chairs had cloth covers on them with the heads of older celebrities. I had a rather cool Axl Rose (never realised what that was an anagram of until a few months ago), but the Boy George chair was unpopular - anybody returning from the bar found that there cooler one (B.A. Baracus for example) had been swapped.

3. There are Goths - I was like a pig in muck.

The music was a bit pants where we were, but I am reliably informed that stuff more towards my taste is played quite frequently there.

I was very proud of myself for recreating a Pilsen beer label to say someting rude. I shall attempt to recreate and photograph at some point...
Mattyhill says:
OK now I see it!! Can't believe how close I was. I was thinking of rola cola. I only thought of words beginning with Consonents. Clearly I need to spend less time actually working at home and more time watching countdown.
Posted on: Mar 07, 2007
Amanda says:
HA HA ROLA SEX... .LOVE IT!!! So close, and yet so far....
Posted on: Mar 06, 2007
Higton says:
Oh Matthew, do you want me to spell it out (look at your last guess again...)
Posted on: Mar 06, 2007