El Ranchito

2565 N 32nd St, Fairmont City, IL, USA

El Ranchito Fairmont City Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Worst Mexican Food I've Ever Had Apr 26, 2012
We did not know what we were getting into when we agreed to eat at El Ranchito in Fairmont City. First of all, this is near East St. Louis, which should have told us something. You want to avoid East St. Louis at all costs, it's a pretty dangerous area. But, we were going with people familiar with the area, so we figured it was okay.

The restaurant's entrance is through the Mexican grocery store. And, despite being told it was a one-of-a-kind restaurant, it looked like a typical Mexican restaurant. We were also told this would be the best Mexican food we've ever tasted. Well, it did not live up to our expectations. I ordered chicken soft tacos, my standard Mexican fare, and my friend got the recommended gordita and an order of tamales. My tacos, smelled kinda gross. Not rancid, just putrid. (If there's a difference). I think it was just the spices and marinade that didn't make a pleasant fragrance. The rice and refried beans were VERY bland, no flavor whatsoever. The gordita and tamales weren't tasty, either. We agreed this was the worst Mexican food either of us have ever tasted. I will say, it may have just been us. My friend's husband enjoyed the food. The one plus was they had agua jamaica. I love this stuff; it's basically hibiscus kool-aid.

If you want my honest recommendation: I would definitely skip eating at El Ranchito.
chicken soft tacos platter
ivy says:
Too bad it wasn't at all what you hoped for.
Posted on: Apr 26, 2012
vulindlela says:
Too bad, but good to know...
Posted on: Apr 26, 2012