El Ranchito Michoacano Restaurant

1310 North Lewis Avenue, Waukegan, IL, USA
(847) 623-6936
El Ranchito Michoacano Restaurant - Happy belly's after the meal
El Ranchito Michoacano Restaurant - Happy belly's after the meal.
El Ranchito Michoacano Restaurant - great night close to home at the tastiest Mexican restaurant in the area!

El Ranchito Michoacano Restaurant Waukegan Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Amazing Fresh Seafood blocks from our home Jan 26, 2012
We have lived here in Waukegan since May and tried a few restaurants near the house and were not happy with most so we started driving away from home. This restaurant has a nice selection on the menu. Lots of appetizers, homemade desserts as well. David got the Carne Asada and I got the Siete Mares Sopa. My soup had squid, calamari, clams, mussels, shrimp, crab legs, and slices of haddock also. It was in a tomato bouillion. It also had potatoes, and carrots in it as well. Wow, what a big bowl of soup! I ate all the fish but could not finish the broth. David's plate looked so beautiful when it came out. A red jalapeno sliced as a garnish made the plate look even more appetizing. He was skeptical about coming to this restaurant, but the ambience was nice, the restaurant was very clean and the servers were friendly. The owner Teresa greeted us and checked on us to make sure our meal was enjoyable. I also got the flan with coconut to finish my meal. Boy oh boy my stomach was very happy. What a great dinner. If you live near or far from Waukegan, come to this restaurant and you will truly enjoy your evening!!!! We went back Jan 26 to enjoy another wonderful meal!!! This time I got the Poblano soup to start off. David got the Carne Asada again and this time I got the Pina Relleno. Wow can you say amazing!!! The Pineapple had Shrimp, Steak and fresh pineapple in a half of a grilled pineapple shell. Mine came with rice, and garlic bread. Our server offered dessert again, but we were to full, but she brought a sopapilla out for us anyway glazed with honey and powdered sugar. What a treat. Oh my I was so impressed. This truly has become our favorite restaurant in all of Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana and Michigan since we have traveled to all these states since we moved here in May. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who does not mind going a little off the beaten path into the small city of Waukegan. They are not open on Tuesdays.

Check Waukegan Hotel Deals