El Portal del Angel Steak House

Km. 11.2 Carretera a El Salvador (Near apertura Miraflores), Guatemala City, Guatemala
502-369-6007 or 502-369-6014

El Portal del Angel Steak House Guatemala City Reviews

travelman727 travelma…
Guatemala City Restaurant with Gorgeous Views Jul 04, 2010
El Portal del Angel Steak House

If you find yourself in Guatemala City, splurge a little and enjoy a view that truly is "el portal del Angel."

The restaurant is very good. They serve a variety of steaks, barbeque, chicken, fish and traditional Guatemalan cuisine cooked over open grill. The cost for dinner and non-alcoholic drink is around $25-30 US a person, expensive by Guatemalan standards. However, I'd pay 25 bucks for a glass of water just for the chance to sit outside, take pictures and soak up the scenery! The only restaurant view I've seen that's better is from Victoria Peak above Hong Kong.

El Portal del Angel is located about 11 km out of town near the top of a mountain that overlooks Guatemala City. I recommend that you make dinner arrangements about 1-1½ hours ahead of darkness. This way, you'll get photos before, during and after sunset.

The service is typical of Central America and most of the world (except the United States). Invite stimulating company and plan on enjoying a long, leisurely dinner.

Make reservations well in advance and be sure to let them know you're coming from another country for a very special occasion on the recommendation of a friend. The place, open since 2000, is very popular. Try to secure a table next to the window. Depending on the weather and the crowd, they may or may not seat customers on the balcony. However, even if you dine inside away from the vista, you'll have a great time.

I also found the staff accommodating; they almost expect you to go out on the veranda before, during and after your meal. I even discovered a waitress willing to operate my camera so we could get everyone in a couple of photos.

I've included a picture from one of their postcards. I believe it will be an experience you'll never forget :-D
El Portal del Angel
pinchora says:
yum yum... I love steak in Central America... it's delicious!
Posted on: Oct 16, 2008
stevenguyen says:
Now I gotta write a review now for this! I've been to this place too!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2006
stevenguyen stevengu…
Sep 03, 2006
Everytime I'm up in Guatemala, me and my family make an effort to come to this place. Along with a few business partners, we always end up having a great time coming here. Too bad we can't keep coming up here, because it's so expensive! Otherwise we have to settle for Campero's fried chicken...

For more info, read travelman727's review on it. I just found it interesting that we have the same taste in fine dining! haha

Check Guatemala City Hotel Deals