El Nido

El Nido - Small Lagoon

El Nido Palawan Reviews

larrydd9 larrydd9
dave Mar 28, 2011
yeah, El Nido is cool, one the most beautiful places I have ever been, needs some more nightlife and some places that you can meet other travelers, it's pretty clean compared with the rest of the Philippines, and no go-go bars or 60years olds with 18year olds, this town is going to grow but it has to be managed otherwise it could destroy itself.
michellequarto michelle…
totally Paradise Mar 25, 2011
it was so uplifting seeing a place like this still exist.. i can say it is one of the places ive been to and if i coud, i wouldnt mind to live here.. simply refreshing, quite and peaceful for those who are running from stressful life..its a must GO!!
miranelle85 miranell…
El Nido, Philippines might be my most favorite place in the world Mar 22, 2010
So, my best friend was heartbroken when she decided that impromptu trip to Palawan.

OMG that place is AMAZING! It's quite expensive to go but it's amazing!

We stayed at this beach resort where they had no electricity all day, except from 6pm to 12mn. It is okay though, you wake up to the sound of the waves outside your hut.

we went out during day 2 to go island hopping. I don't know how to swim. Good thing the boat boy was kind enough to let me borrow a life vest. That was a good deal, cause I was able to go out and swim properly in the ocean.

That place IS breathtaking, I tell you.
Fayemin Fayemin
Being One with Palawan Jun 12, 2008
The sweet smiles and the waving of hands of the El Nido Resorts' staff are still very vivid. I could hardly say goodbye to El Nido, Palawan. My 3-day stay in that place has drawn me close to nature and myself as well.

I am glad that I spent my holidays at El Nido with my sister. Prior to this trip, I was looking forward to seeing the awesome landscapes, tropical fishes, corals, birds, and mammals. However, I had fear of taking a chartered flight.

The Island Transvoyager, a 19-seater plane, took us an hour and 15 minutes to El Nido Airport. It was not as scary as I imagined. It was like any other flights I have taken except for the lower altitude...giving me a closer view of different places.

While we bordered off the plane and waiting for our boat transfer, the locals welcomed us with songs and served us with native rice cakes with a choice of iced tea or coffee.

The 50-minute boat ride was very relaxing and cool. I saw the wonderful landscapes, mangrove areas, and clear waters.

The Activity Coordinator took time to discuss with us the activities that we would want to have on a daily basis-- from island-hopping, hiking, snorkelling, diving, sunset cruise, bottom-fishing, to animal origami and hat making. It was hard for me and my sister to decide which ones to avail of since we had limited time. We wanted to relax but we also wanted to explore things that we have never done before.

Upon arrival at the Lagen Resort, again we were greeted with native songs, one of which was the Palawan March. We were treated to a thirst-quenching calamansi (a small rounded lime-fruit) juice and yummy mixed nuts.

In the afternoon, we went island-hopping for two hours. We started off with the Vigan Island or more commonly known as "Snake Island". The place got its name for the natural s-shaped sandbar. I had a better appreciation of the place when I climbed the cliff. Too bad, I did not bring any swim wear. The place is famous for shallow swimming.

Next stop was Cudugnon Cave which is believed to be a burial site before. One by one, we had to lie down to get through a small opening of the cave that was slippery and rough. It was not as difficult as I thought although there are waters below. Inside the cave, we found some fruit bats...Afraid of staying long with the bats, we quickly got out of the same opening and went back to the big motorized boat.

We were then asked to transfer to the small speed boat and headed off to Pinasil Island. It looks like a cathedral chamber. From its interior, the sunlight would pass through an opening at its peak. One would appreciate the sunlight in such a cool, dark place.

On our second day, we went to Miniloc Island where the Big and Small Lagoons are. There was this small space between two cliffs leading to the small lagoon. So small that only one kayak at a time could pass through. We even had to bend ourselves in order not to hit the cliffs and hurt ourselves. I have never seen such a lovely place! The lagoons provided me a sense of serenity and drama. It was as if I were a star in the movie. If I had a choice, I would have stayed longer with Mina, a new found friend who I met during the travels. Both of us enjoyed kayaking. Regrets, we left our cameras in the boat.

Since the waters were so pristine, we could not help but were drawn to join the fishes down there with our snorkeling gear. What was amazing is that the corals were naturally placed in such a way that they look like an expanded deep well.

When it was about lunch time, the guide reminded us that we have to hurry up. Nevertheless, all of us seemed not to mind the time at all. We had lunch at Pangulasian Island. Of course, all of us had a big appetite for the buffet.

At Pangulasian, I tried riding the hobbycat. It was a new experience for me and my sister. I wanted to go hiking but the rest of the travelers went to diving. So I had to spend the rest of the afternoon at the beachfront watching people learn windsailing. I wanted to explore it but was afraid and physically tired to do so.

On my third day, I decided to stay in my room...enjoyed being in bed while the doors at the veranda were opened..just to ensure that I would not miss out seeing the actions outside-- birds flying, people swimming in the pool.

I had a hard time pulling my legs to the boat area where other people had been waiting for the transfer to the airport.
El Nido
El Nido Resorts
Big Lagoon
Small Lagoon

Related Travel Blogs About El Nido

Palawan and El Nido
Palawan is a long island off the south-eastern region of the Philippines. It is one of the last wild frontiers in the Philippines, but the area I went to is more of a tourist area than the rest of Pa…Palawan. El Nido is located in the northern part of Palawan surrounded by limestone island formations going straight out of the water…
Trip to El Nido,Palawan Phillippines
    I spent 5days/4nights on El Nido,Palawan. It's such a great experience to myself. The island is remote. I stayed in the main part of the island. Even though i said "the main part",…El Nido,Palawan. It's such a great experience to myself. The island is remote. I stayed in the main…
I fell inlove with the perfect scenery in El Nido, Palawan
Day 1 - MLA - PP- El Nido (Saturday) My boyfriend and I left Manila Via Pal at 8am bound to Puerto Princesa for our 7days tour. I was so excited that I felt butterflies in my stomach when we boarded…El Nido, I felt really sad and I really wanted to cry. I became so attached with the place that I promised myself that I have to go back…

Check Palawan Hotel Deals