El Nido Resorts Lagen Island

Check El Nido Hotel Deals

El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Luxurious holiday May 01, 2011
It has been my dream to be able to experience El Nido Resorts. The pictures were just too captivating to resist. Besides, El Nido by itself, with or without the El Nido resorts is a dream destination.

When I planned on my El Nido trip one of the challenges faced was booking the flight. There are only 2 options to fly directly to El Nido and that's via Seair or ITI. Seair has limited flights while ITI has more regular flights, however, you could only book with ITI 5 days before the flight and subject to availability because ITI is owned by El Nido Resorts and obviously prioritizes their guests :P

I toyed with the idea of booking for the expensive El Nido Resort just to secure the flights bec I don't like uncertainties as much as possible. However, it really seemed too expensive for the price of P15,000/night PER PERSON!

I almost gave up with the idea until Deal grocer came up with the offer of giving it for 50% discount! I immediately called El Nido to make sure I could get the dates that I want before buying the Dealgrocer voucher. I was able to book the dates and buy the voucher. Now, being a guest of El Nido, I was able to make the resort secure us our flights as well :)

My interaction with the booking wasn't very smooth tho. I had to make several follow-up for them to finalize my flight and the confirmation of my room and flight bookings. They also made mistakes on flight dates and some other details which was a bit of disappointed considering I'm supposed to be dealing with a luxurious resort so I'm expecting professional service with not a lot of errors and delay.

In fairness tho, the problem ended at the booking phase. From the time we arrived at the airport of ITI to the time we left the Lagen resort, everything was a dream :)

El Nido resort is serious about giving you a luxurious holiday. We felt special right from the beginning. From the airport, we rode a huge jeepney so that we could be brought to the port and take our large speed boat. It was only a bit of a walk but they pamper their guest, so we rode instead of walking :P

The speedboat was very nice and big. There are only 5 of us guests going to lagen and it feels like we could play ball there :P It's a nice boat to ride tho and makes a scenic ride to the Resort.

When we first saw the image of the resort, we were quite excited! It looks just like the pictures and we're very curious which water cottage we'll be staying :)

We were directed to go to the dining area to take our refreshments, check-in and be briefed about their drive to protect the environment.

After a bit while, we were brought to our room and briefed about the amenities of the room and how we could ask for our needs, etc. Our luggage were already waiting inside the room and we have the complimentary buri bag, slippers, etc :)

The room is quite impressive esp the view on the veranda and being able to see the pool from the side glass of the room. It does feel luxury! :)

The veranda is very nice a good place to chill out and watch the sunset from the comfort and privacy of your own room :)

The room has mosquito door so if like us, who wish to do away with the aircon and just let the natural night breeze in, it is possible with the cool air coming in without the worry of mosquitos.

El Nido resorts promotes use of water provided by them in a container and discourages bottled water. However, if we wish, we could still opt to get evian bottled water in the ref which we took when we went for a hike around the resort. It cost almost P300 per bottle tho. :P Really discouraging :P

One of the things I like about the resort is that I don't see the staff doing all the things for us but we do feel their services. That said, we enjoy privacy and comfort of having our beds done, our rooms cleaned, etc without catching them! They must have magic bec these things happen only during our breakfast! :) Also, at night, they will give you these small touches of sweet desserts and leaf painted with words wishing the guests goodnight during the time we're having dinner. :P I like them very much! :)

Another thing I like about this place is that the food's price is not jacked up considering it's a luxurious resort and that we don't have any dining choices. Pasta choices starts at P300 and they have buffet dinner which only costs P1000 which includes fresh seafood you could ask them to grill of your choice. I had a lot of shrimp and squid...soooo good! And the chef delivered them to my table just so I don't need to wait for them to be cooked! I feel special :) There are a lot more variety of dishes and a lot of desserts which makes the price good for value! All dishes seemed to be made special and I havent tried anything that is below good standards. It seemed they put an effort to make each dish special and I greatly appreciate.

On our first dinner, we ordered a bottle of chardonnay which cost only P2000/bottle and it's a good wine :) We were lucky to be able to watch a cultural show of Filipino folk dances including the impressive tinikling! Very cool!

The second night, I plan not to eat a lot but can't resist the buffet bec of the smell of grilled seafood, so I gave in! :P They have a guy playing some acoustic music with his guitar and we were seated on a very nice table facing the beach which gives us a bit of good space. It was very magical :)

Beer costs P125 and cocktails around P180. However, fresh coconut costs P170. All of which are subject to tax and service charge of 12% and 10%, respectively.

The breakfast is very nice. A lot of very good choices and there are 3 chefs who could cook for you eggs, pancakes, tocino, sausages, bacon, and many many more! Sooo happy! :)

The resort has a safety deposit box where you could put your valuables, in our case, money, dslr, 3 blackberry units :P

On the morning of our second day, we chose to go to Cove 2 and 2.5. We were briefed on how to get there and they asked us to fit our fins which they will bring to us there with their speedboat together with our kayak which we will use for our way back. I like this pampering service :)

We had a wonderful but a bit tiring hike. When we arrive at cove 2, a guard approached us asking if we want our kayaks and snorkeling gears be brought already. I said yes but in a bit. We took pictures and enjoyed swimming in the cove which is all for ourselves! After a while I feel like we would want to ask for a kayak already and just as I was about to get out of the water, the speedboat came with our stuff like as if reading my mind. Awesome! :)

We went our way to cove 2.5 and enjoyed being totally alone :) Then, we went back to the resort to have our lunch. After lunch, we decided to go to cove 4 but the resort staff was proposing they bring us with their speedboat and pick us up again at a time we wanted. However, we decided we wanted to do it our way, with a kayak and so they let us go with a recommendation of wearing insect repellant. Cove 4 is a long stretch of nice white beach but it's very natural state so there are lots of seaweeds that makes it a bit difficult to snorkle. Also, there are a lot of huge corals and we both got wounded...with blood dripping :P

That sort of cut short the fun :P But also just in time to go back and catch the sunset. :) Upon arriving, I went towards the pool area and put my stuff on one of the chairs so I could wash myself from a shower near the pool. when I get back to the chair, there's a towel neatly placed on it and I liked that :) So I pat myself to dry down a bit and went straight to the bar to watch the sunset. I saw some coconuts on the bar table and asked for it :) Very refreshing to watch it with the sunset :)

We had our complimentary massage on our second night and boy, it was heavenly! The pressure was just right and really calms your senses. I believe I took a nap during that massage...WOW! I would be happy to pay for that kind of massage. :)

The 3rd day is checking out and we were bit sad to leave this magical resort :P As we were waiting for the boat which will take us to the airport, we were given a hat made out of coconut leaves...sooo cool! :) It's still green and we wondered if it will change color later :) I'm still waiting :)
TravellinChic says:
Hi Jet :)

We really feel pampered :)

The exchange rate is Php43=US$1 last time I checked :) so P2000 will be Usd46.51 :) I think it's not bad, in UK, we easily spend Gbp50 for a japanese restaurant :P
Posted on: May 08, 2011
jethanad says:
:) so cool , looks like you should let them guide you all the way, they seem to know better !

Just curious , how much is P2000 in US $ ?

Thanks and :)
Posted on: May 08, 2011
TravellinChic says:
It is very wonderful :) You should come and experience it :)
Posted on: May 04, 2011
dollar_ava dollar_a…
Luxury in an isolated island May 07, 2011

its known to be an eco friendly resort and they are very strict about that.. fresh air no garbage lying just anywhere, very clean unlike other over commercialized beaches

plus i found a great spot in the middle of a lagoon they have a floating wodden craft where you can rent for weddings and other events! OMG it was magical!

resort was top class, everything you need they will give you! they anticipate your needs, buffet was great service was impecable

only negative thing i can say is the drainage in our shower was not good.. it kept overflowing all the time..

also it is very expensive if you compare it to going to boracay or coron or puerto princesa..

but other than that my whole stay was PERFECT! :)

El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Overview

The El Nido Resorts Lagen Island enjoys a beachfront location. This waterfront resort offers rooms with a safe, complimentary toiletries and a TV.

The El Nido Resorts Lagen Island's leisure facilities include table tennis tables and billiards. The resort also offers conference room(s), a beauty centre and an outdoor pool. Business facilities include function rooms. In addition to a concierge and a 24 hour reception, the resort offers babysitting / child services, a business centre and tennis courts.

Bathrooms conveniently feature a jet tub, great for a relaxing soak at the end of the day. Wireless internet is available throughout the resort, ensuring you'll have no trouble remaining connected while on the road. If access is a concern, prospective patrons will be happy to hear the resort caters to wheelchair access for an inclusive experience.

El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Amenities

• Ceremonies
  • Custom event planning available
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Private Toilet
  • Pool Outdoor

Related Travel Blogs About El Nido Resorts Lagen Island

Palawan and El Nido
Palawan is a long island off the south-eastern region of the Philippines. It is one of the last wild frontiers in the Philippines, but the area I went to is more of a tourist area than the rest of Pa…resort is on it's own island, isolated from the main town of El Nido. I met one other traveler who was on the other island, Lagen

Check El Nido Hotel Deals