El Mouradi Skanes Beach

Check Monastir Hotel Deals

El Mouradi Skanes Beach Monastir Reviews

EmEm EmEm
Good Enough 3+ Jul 06, 2016
For my summer holiday in Tunisia 2016 I chose the El Mouradi Skanes Hotel. The hotel is situated just at the Skanes beach, between Monastir and Sousse. It is only fifteen minutes away from the airport in Monastir. The area is welknown for the professional golf courses and hotels built in the Moorish architecture. It is also close to the Monastir Hippodrome and the Fella shopping center. The trasfer from airport to the hotel was organised by bus.

Beside the hotel reception is a money exchange office. The Tunisian money cannot be bought outside of Tunisia, and in the same way it cannot be taken outside of the country. I had AI service and got a brown bracelet on my wrist for my time in the hotel.

Every restaurant or a bar had a French name: Margeurite, Anemone, Orchidee, Iris. In the closest to the reception there was served tea, coffee, juices, alcohol drinks and bottled water.

Three main meals were served in the main restaurant. We had snacks in the bar by the pool: until lunch it was sandwiches like a late breakfast, after lunch it was pizza and the last before the pool was closed at 6p.m. were pancakes only with marmelade or sugar. Drinks by the pool were served from morning until late in the evening. The choice of meals was international, without specific smell, for everybody's taste. It was not something special, but good enough for adults as well as children. Watermelon slices of the best quality were always served for dinner.

In the restaurant Margeurite they offered only one menu: a fish soup, an omlet with potatoes and melted cheese, a grilled sea fish and a lemon icecream. During that special dinner, in a corner behind the entrance door there was a keyboard player trying to animate guests with a slow music.

An animation team was responsible for the good mood of the guests in the hotel. By day they organised various entertainments for the guests such as handball at the beach, aerobics beside and in the pool, waterpolo for kids. Every night after dinner, there was a party first for children and then for adults until 11 p.m. and later the party continued in a hotel disco.

In the middle of a week, during dinner, we got to fill a questionnaire about the hotel service. As I had seen the most of guests put the animation team on the first place. Each time they prepared a different show for seven nights.

The guests from Russia did 85% of all guests, the rest were a few Swiss German, Arabic, and ex- Yugoslav( Slovenian, Bosnian, Serbian, Croat). Our travel agency representative Mojca, that we met only at the arrival to the airport in Monastir, only spoke in Slovenian, without any concern if others understood her.

In Tunisia it is spoken Arabic and French, so those who speak one of these two will feel there like at home. Their knowledge of English or German is very poor.

A several lifeguards watched out for the safety of the swimmers. The water of the sea was warm, perfect for the babies. The finest sand at the beach and dunes in the sea with the long shalow will make everybody feel spoiled. There are offered several water sports, for a reasonable price.

The guests could use two pools: an indoor pool at the basement of the hotel building and an opened pool between the main restaurant and the beach. The area around the pools was rough, even the edge of a pool was the same, so there was no chance for an accedent when anyone could slip on and fall. Although the furniture in the rooms looked outdated and the walls and woodwork needed repainting, I could not find any complaint in the whole hotel.

Everything worked properly out. For my big surprise there were no mosquitos to disturb me by night. I had used completely all days of my holiday in Tunisia in different ways and would recommend everyone to go and visit it until it is not crowded yet again.

For more information, view my blog post Hotel, Holiday in Tunisia.
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature, Em!
Suusj says:
Congrats on the feature :). Have been there myself in 2012.
Cho says:
Congratulations on this featured review!
Suusj Suusj
El Mouradi Skanes Beach Oct 27, 2012
El Mouradi Skanes beach is located in Monastir. Next to the beach, it's small though... 2 minutes from a small shopping centre with fixed prices 10 minutes from small places like Sahline. There are two buildings, on the same property so you can use the amenities at both buildings. Each building has their own swimming pool, but there is only one reception.

As it was off season only the bigger building, the one with the reception was open. There was no one staying in the other building.

Room:

The room we stayed in was room 119. It situated on the ground floor. At the front of the hotel. So no sea or swimming pool view. The room is nice and spacious. Has a build in closet for clothes, ours fitted in just fine. We had a desk with a tv. You could get a remote control if you payed a deposit, we did not do that, but it is possible. Nice big bed with on each side, a bedside table. Sliding doors to a small seating area. Big enough for two, with a table and two chears. Also a small rek where you can hang your clothes to dry.

Bed:

Well!! I think this is the nicest bed I have ever laid in. Ok, besides my own of course :-). Two big beds, nice pillows and a wonderful mattress. I like hard mattresses and this one was definitely hard. So I got a good night rest.

Bathroom:

I just totally loved the fact that our toilet and our bathroom were separated, I just loved that!! It's a little bit dated though so no 5 stars. But perfectly do-able. A bath and a sink and enough space to move around. Water was nice and warm and there came enough out of the shower head. We got clean towels everyday. The toilet was separated from the bathroom. Good since, nothing else to say about that.

Food:

As we booked an al-inclusive we had breakfast, lunch, diner and snacks at the hotel. Breakfast, lunch and diner was served in a buffet style. Plenty of choice, food was nice and hot. I didn't get any stomach problems.Snacks were served during the day. Besides the times that were set there was also a late breakfast and a late evening meal.

Time:

breakfast: 6.00 - 10.00

lunch: 12.30 - 14.00

diner: 18.30 - 21.00

Hotel:

The Hotel has 2 buildings with 2 swimming pools. There is a spa area with an indoor swimming pool and a small hamam. Reception is open 24/7 and they are very helpful. Money can be changed at the cassier. There is also an ATM machine in the hotel. We did not used the one at the hotel but the one at the shopping centre, the cassier told us it was broke so that's why, I don't know if that was a temporary problem or not. There is a big restaurant where you they have a buffet. Outside there is a snack corner and at the other building is a menu restaurant. You can eat there once during your stay. We did not do that so don't know about that. There is an animation program with pool activities and something to do for the little ones. There is also a small play area for kids.

Location:

The hotel is located near a shopping centre were you can buy souvenirs (fixed price). You can take a taxi to Sousse, Port El Kantoui or Monastir. I went to the pharmacy in Sahline there and back (with a waiting cab driver)cost me 15 dinar (that's about 7.50 in euros). So not to expensive. Besides the shopping centre there is not a whole lot to do.

Overall:

We had a nice time (to bad my husband got sick on day 3) but it was nice for once. I would not go again and definitely not in high season. As it was just way to big for us. When we were there it was not quiet or anything but there were enough beds by the pool and there were no lines at the buffet or anywhere. But in high season I could see a bit of problems there. Besides that, there was just something that didn't feel "right". Sometimes you go to places and they fit you, you feel comfortable, at home, relaxed. This place was just not doing it for me. So once but not again.
Room key
room 119
Bed
EmEm says:
Thank you for the congrats, Suus! :)

Check Monastir Hotel Deals