El Jarrito Mexican Grill

1304 Lamy Lane, Ruston, LA, USA
(318) 325-7339
El Jarrito Mexican Grill - Front view, the blue one is my Chevy Blazer!
El Jarrito Mexican Grill - The fancy, artsy mexican decoration
El Jarrito Mexican Grill - The menu
El Jarrito Mexican Grill - Where in Mexico will I find that?
El Jarrito Mexican Grill - The screen with the game.

El Jarrito Mexican Grill Ruston Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Fakest mexican food ever! Jun 28, 2009
I absolutely don't like this restaurant. The only reason I go there is because they broadcast soccer games, and not many places in this town do that, and that's the reason I went there this time.

The USA-Brazil game for the final of the confederations cup was approaching and I had nowhere to see it. I was thinking of watching it online, but I wanted some more quality this time.

The restaurant itself is OK, they have some nice and fancy mexican decoration (part of the fake of it.... really authentic mexican restaurants are never so fancily decorated! So if you see one is because they are trying to fool you). The service is usually not very good, but this time (I have to admit) it was the exception. They agreed to change the channel so that I could watch my soccer game and they served me some hot and spicy (only for mexicans) sauce. They also spoke to me in spanish, I appreciated that.

But now we come to the bad part of it, the food! I have never ever had a really authentic mexican plate in the restaurant. Not even one! For example this time I ordered a tamal, a beef burrito and a chile relleno. They covered the whole thing with melt cheese (!) and added some ground beef to the tamal (!) Now ask me where in Mexico have I seen that? Nowhere! And besides, the taste of most things is not the way it should be! It doesn't matter what u try, enchiladas, tamales, tacos, nothing tastes like mexican food and some of them taste really bad.

The cheese inside the chile relleno is not suppoused to be melt and it was. It said in the menu that it was Chihuahua cheese, so I asked the waiter... hey, I'm from Chihuahua, WHERE IS MY CHIHUAHUA CHEESE??? And he said... well you know, this is not Chihuahua cheese, we only say it's Chihuahua cheese... (!!) (By now you must guess that Chihuahua cheese is an awesome kind of cheese).

In conclusion, all I can say is that if this is mexican food, then I'm no mexican! However, I think the other mexican restaurants in town are even worse... if you want mexican food here, honestly (and sadly) the closest place to that is a TACO BELL! U can figure from there!
Front view, the blue one is my Che…
The fancy, artsy mexican decoration
The menu
Where in Mexico will I find that?

Check Ruston Hotel Deals