El Indio

el-indio.com - (619) 299-0333

El Indio San Diego Reviews

Eric Eric
Touristy, but not too overpriced May 08, 2009
El Indio has been featured on the Food Network, where Lisa heard about it. I wasn't too hungry, so I ordered a shredded beef tostada. It was actually fairly cheap, around $4, and plenty of food for my non-ravenous appetite. It terms of quality and taste, although good, it didn't stand out too much from other tostada's I've had elsewhere (But then I'm spoiled by tostadas from Poquito Mas in LA!).

We also ordered some of their "world famous chips", which they sell by the bag or on the side. They were thicker than normal chips, and fairly oily/deep-fried. Not really my style, but I could see why others would enjoy them.

Seemed like most of the people there were tourists, but hard to tell in a city as diverse as San Diego. I imagine there must be many other, local, smaller restaurants that are both cheaper and have better food (Bety's in Encinitas comes to mind!). So, although decent, and definitely a unique experience, not sure I'd go out of my way to come back.
View from the outdoor seating, on …
travel-the-world says:
I went to a couple places this week where Food Network was filming. We must be on the same page.
Posted on: May 18, 2009
Keaton Keaton
Nov 28, 2005
This is a great mexican restaurant close to the San Diego Airport. I always look forward to eating there after a trip home. I think they have the best Enchiladas and Tamales! We always get there home-made chips and salsa to bring home. So good! So if you are ever flying into San Diego, check this place out! And its right next to the freeway, how perfect!

Check San Diego Hotel Deals