El Huachinago Feliz

Palenque, Mexico

El Huachinago Feliz Palenque Reviews

joshadell joshadell
Jun 29, 2007
I don't know about anybody else in my group, but I would have eaten at this place everyday I was in Mexico. The food is outstanding.

It is right next door to the Hotel Xibalba, so it is an easy choice if you are staying there or any of the surrounding hotels. There are two levels, a downstairs divided into an inside and outside dining area, and an upstairs covered porch. I highly suggest sitting upstairs outside. The sounds and music from other restaurants and bars in the area give the whole place a fun atmosphere.

For a meal, I heartily recommend the "Filete de Pescado Relleno des Camarones," fish filet stuffed with shrimp. They cook it all together wrapped and served in banana leaves. I liked it so much I ordered it again a few days later on our return trip (though the second time they did not serve it in banana leaves; I guess it depends on who is in the kitchen that night.)

Everything my travel companions ordered looked amazing as well. No one had any complaints about their meals except that there was too much food! A few people couldn't finish it all, even though they wanted to.

The staff didn't seem to mind that we hung out after our meal, even though the restaurant seemed to be closed when we left.

For 55-75 pesos ($5.50 - $7.50 USD) per meal plus drinks, this is absolutely a bargain. A mountain of good food + cheap = great place to eat.

Check Palenque Hotel Deals