El Floridano

Various, Washington, DC, USA
El Floridano - On the corner of NJ Ave an M street (near the Navy Yard)
El Floridano - Oops-I was supposed to take a picture of my sandwich BEFORE I bit into it, but it was too yummy to wait.

El Floridano Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Florida meets DC via a variety of sandwiches Nov 04, 2011
The El Floridano is one of many mobile lunch trucks here in DC (they presently operate on the old ice cream truck laws, but that may soon change).

El Floridano offers sandwiches and soups. All sandwiches and soups can be served as vegan. The current roundup of sandwiches include a Cuban, Turkey Bahn Mi and Chicken Chiang Mai. I asked for my Pan con Lechon sandwich (twice cooked pork) without onions and was easily obliged (I can say that another truck said they could take out the onions and never did).

Via www.foodtruckfiesta.com, I was able to locate the truck one day when it was near my job. The joy of lunch trucks is that the line moves quite quickly. They might only have 3 or 4 options available, but it helps the line move along.

The day I went, they had a pork sandwich (Pan con Lechon), a turkey meatloaf type of sandwich and a beef sandwich. I didn't pay attention to the soups, but I do have a picture of that day's menu below. You will also be able to see a picture of my gargantuan sandwich-it was yummy, well seasoned, and served on great bread (sometimes a sandwich is great, but the bread is too hard or too soggy, or whatever-this bread was great!)

Check Washington Hotel Deals