El Dorado Casitas Royale

Check Playa del Carmen Hotel Deals

El Dorado Casitas Royale Playa del Carmen Reviews

tonygiglio tonygigl…
Relax for adults only May 27, 2010
If I was in El Dorado two times in my life there is a reason! Probably other hotels in the same area have the same charme, sure someone is much better, but after my first visit I said "next time I want to be here again". The paradise of leisure! I'm not a lazy traveller, I don't like so much to stay lying down on a beach bed just tanning. I like to move, visit, practice some sport, meet new people and, of course, laze also. So, in El Dorado, you can do all that things! First of all is an adults only resort, so you don't have screaming children around all the day and you can enjoy your beer in each quiet corner of the resort. I love babies, but on holiday..... The enviroment is international, I met people from USA, Mexico, Australia, Europe etc. So, what else?

The location is perfect I think because from That point in Quintana Roo you can easy arrive in most important places in Yucatan. Very close to Playa del Carme, if you want extra nightlife, Tulum and Coba if you want, and you must, visit archological sites, XelHa and Xcaret natural parks and Cancun airport.

But if you have a short stay, sure, you don't feel to go out. In El Dorado you have a wonderful large and long beach where I didn't met more than 15 people at the same tima (can't understand why people prefer swimming pool to the sea...), an happy beach bar, an amazing pool bar with the desk at the water level, four different restaurants with four different themes with a wide menu and very good quality.

Atmosphere is absolutely relaxed, you really feel at home. If you want to talk with people you talk, if you want to be apart you can do it, if you want to be part of the events you can otherwhise nobody force you, if you want to sleep longer you ca do it because the resort is very quiet.

Crew is very polite, discrete and funny, all mexicans!

Rooms are incredibly big all located in several small buildings of max 6 rooms. Everytime you go back in your room you will find it clean and with new fresh flowers. I think they clean twice a day.

I know, what you're thinking now!!! "Sounds wonderful, but how much it costs?"

Well! A double room in junior suite, all inclusive (a true all inclusive), 300 US dollars! Too much? Maybe. But if you think that all inclusive includes big breakfast, middle morning snack, lunch at restaurant or grill, rich, on the beach, afternoon snack, dinner in one of the four restaurants, fun in the night and drink drink drink all day long for free..... Still think is too much?

Unforgettable El Dorado!!!
tonygiglio says:
Ja, precis!!! :)
Posted on: Jun 07, 2010
ken2010 says:
Sounds really great and enjoyable! Perhaps a nice venue for an anniversary celebration...
Posted on: Jun 06, 2010
NorthShoreTrvlr NorthSho…
WARNING! Jan 06, 2009
Four of us stayed at the El Dorado Royale from 12.25.08 to 1.1.09.

Overall impression: A large middle-market property, lots of tattoos on women and pony-tailed men my age, beer pong at the pool, huge waistlines, guests are bobbing and weaving before noon. The topless scene at the beach gives the place that Euro flare; the bottomless dude is pushing the boundaries...

Rooms: Okay. Our "upgraded" rooms - on something called the Lazy River - are at the far end of the resort, but they're quiet and we're enjoying the walks to restaurants, the beach. We can hear the ocean. No internet access. Get to the bell desk at the entrance very early to get a copy of the Miami Herald. Water hammer is a problem I haven't encountered in years. A slow-to-drain sink calls to mind the Motel 6 we stay at when visiting my wife's kin in Kentucky. At the other end of the resort - literally and figuratively - are the Casitas. These certainly look more upscale, but guests there use the same eateries as us riff raff. We can move for a few extra bucks a day, but why on earth would we give these banditos any more money?

Food: Fortunately, I need to lose a few pounds and it won't be hard to do here. This place fancies itself as a gourmet dining destination, but what was conceived in the executive chef's kitchen has to be completely different from what's presented tableside.

--Small portions of poorly-prepared, tasteless food: Friday night's salmon (an ordering error to begin with) went back to the kitchen and replaced with an edible shrimp dish.

--Tuesday night's deck-of-cards sized steak drizzled with a white chocolate mole: my wife and I played half the deck and folded.

--A ceasar salad at beachside Jo-Jo's was a laughable attempt at minimalist deconstructionism: someone's been watching The Food Channel.

--The Health Bar makes a mean smoothie, but a decent cup of decaf is near impossible to find.

--The pan-Asian Kampai is a Panda Express with linens and booze, but at least we got enough to eat.

--We've discovered that room service breakfasts are an okay alternative.

--My recommendation: 1-800-GORDON-RAMSEY. It'd make a great episode!

Service: Fair to poor with a notable exception or two. This is a big 600-room place with lots of guests at a busy time of year and the staff deals with it like that. The charming hospitality and well-trained staff we enjoyed at the Royal Hideaway are absent. The litmus test: it's been difficult to find staff worthy of a tip. My efforts to speak to the property manager about the Christmas Day Flood in room 5202 - an inch of water throughout the suite - were blocked repeatedly; it wasn't until I went to the front desk and insisted that I would wait indefinitely did he show up. Alejandro Lopez turned out to be a decent fellow and gave me the apology I was strangely obsessed with obtaining. Mauricio and Alex - our waiter and wine steward at Friday night's dinner - were personable and helpful, particularly Alex, a French-Canadian with an impressive knowledge of the resort's mostly overpriced wine list. "For New Year's Eve, we're offering a 10% discount on $900 bottles of Cristal." Yes, really.

Amenities: Gym: too many out-of-service signs - lots of use and not much maintenance; the place is dirty. Did I mention towel cards - shades of Club Med! The amigo who restocks the fridge doesn't take "no" for an answer - bounding in to carry out his duties while my wife's in bed saying "Not now" and I'm out. I was able to stop the insecticide guy from spraying our rooms, only because we were in them when they began. The girls love the beach and not the Las Vegas-wannabe pool scene.

Property: The landscaping is lovely and well tended. Not a single complaint about the perfect weather, but the beach is an eyesore as a result of hurricane damage.

Transportation: During the day, the resort staff transports themselves in golf carts that share the 6'-10' wide pedestrian paths. Guests quickly learn to walk on the edge of the walkway and to look carefully to the left and right before crossing. At night the carts run with no lights, which makes the sport even more entertaining.

El Dorado Casitas Royale Overview

For tranquility, the El Dorado Casitas Royale is located outside of Cancun in an area called Maroma. This resort was designed with all amenities on site. The location is within driving distance of major attractions, but is really aimed at guests who prefer to remain on site since there are no nearby options for dining, etc. The El Dorado Casitas Royale is 25 minutes from the Cancun airport.

The El Dorado Casitas Royale has 639 guestrooms including suites and "casitas". Each one has a terrace or balcony, marble flooring, a luxurious bath, minibar stocked with water and beer, flat screen TV, cable, and jetted tubs.

The El Dorado Casitas Royale was originally built in 2000 but some renovations were made in 2004. It is an adults only spa resort secluded on a white sandy stretch of beach, away from it all. There are multiple choices for dining, relaxing, or just sipping a drink. Choose from 11 pools, a Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, or a pool side massage. The full service spa provides every variety of beauty and relaxation technique from Swedish massage to hot stone therapy.

El Dorado Casitas Royale Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes