El Cozumeleno Beach Resort

El Cozumeleno Beach Resort Reviews

StephenCoggins StephenC…
DO NOT STAY HERE!!! WORST RESORT EVER Jan 16, 2012
Hello,

On November 27th 2011 I booked a vacation for two to the El Cozumeleno resort in Cozumel, Mexico. The package was an all inclusive package that was from January 7th 2012 - January 14th 2012..Upon arriving in Cozumel Mexico at night and being shuttled to the hotel El Cozumeleno I was forced to hand over my credit card or $100 cash as a deposit on hotel safe and room keys before I was allowed to check in.. I had not enough cash so was basically given no choice if i wanted somewhere to sleep so I obliged. We got a bit roudy partying and I had a bad accident where I fell into a glass door causing it to break and cut a severe gash in my forearm ( I have included a picture ) . I was taken for treatment and then instead of back to the hotel or to the airport so I could proceed home for the much needed medical treatment in Canada I was taken to the local jail where i was forced to sit and wait till the morning and then they took all my $ and made me take a cab back to the hotel where i withdrew money from visa to pay the driver. The hotel manager approached me along with the WESTJET Vacation rep and advised me that they no longer wished for us to stay at the hotel. I being advised I needed surgery to repair cut tendons in my forearm said okay I will be heading to airport right away I would just like to check the room for any belongings. I was then told directly infront of the WESTJET rep that they wanted to charge me $275 in damages for the door I cut myself on and blood cleanup from the wound dripping... I asked if we were leaving right away because of this and it was an accident & we were here for only one night can you waive the charges. The WESTJET Rep then adivsed me if they say yes to leave right away before they change their minds and meet him at the airport. They discussed and came back to us and told me yes they will not charge me anything for the damages! right infront of the WESTJET rep. So we gathered our suitcases and left for the airport. My friend whom I was travelling with knew another family vacationing at the same time at another resort and upon contacting them, went to stay with them. I needing to leave however found out WESTJET only flies out of Cozumel on Wednesday and Saturday. The only way I was able to get back to Toronto Canada was to fly into Dallas then New York overnight then to Toronto with American Airlines for a total of $676.78. Upon arriving in New York I called Visa to check if the Hotel had given me back the $100 deposit for the returned room and safe keys. I was informed then that I was not given the deposit back and the Hotel El Cozumeleno had also charged me $273.81 for which they told me and the WESTJET Rep I would not be charged. by the way the hotel has absolutely no beach just a concrete dock and the pool is as big as the one at my house here in Toronto Canada. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF STAYING AT THE EL COZUMELENO
StephenCoggins says:
Thanks for all the comments. I really didn't think it was fair to make me leave either or the treatment I received, everyone drinks and parties in Mexico and I am sure I am not the first one to have a fall by accident and get hurt and be taken advantage of. But I will never return to Mexico..
Posted on: Jan 21, 2012
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Posted on: Jan 20, 2012
jhulian says:
sorry to hear about that bro. im from toronto as well and its sad to hear you had a terrible experience. hopefully you are alright now and wish that this kind of thing wouldnt happen again. thanks for the review.
Posted on: Jan 20, 2012
steve4444 steve4444
Good Resort Ok Location Jul 13, 2011
Got a great deal so value was excellent. Clean,good service and the food was good.It has a good beach out front compared with most places in Coz. It is not close to most of the dive shops or sites so you may have to have a rental car or use a taxi to get to a good dive shop or go down town. There is a shop located at the resort but I would not recommend them.

El Cozumeleno Beach Resort Overview

This hotel in Cozumel is situated facing the Caribbean and is only five minutes from the downtown district with all of its many shops and restaurants. A PGA golf course is located directly across from the El Cozumeleno Beach Resort. Numerous nightlife options are also available in the local area. The Cozumel International Airport is only a 10 minute drive from the El Cozumeleno Beach Resort. Parking and garage facilities are available for the convenience of guests with vehicles.

Each of the 252 guestrooms at the El Cozumeleno Beach Resort is spacious and appointed with balconies or patios to enjoy the ocean views. Other amenities include satellite television and complimentary bottled water. In-room massages are also available.

Guests of the El Cozumeleno Beach Resort will be able to enjoy an onsite restaurant along with a snack bar, lobby bar, convention center, fitness center, spa, swimming pool and numerous activities such as volleyball, aerobics, windsurfing, kayaking and bike tours. The hotel is all-inclusive with drinks, meals and gratuities included.

El Cozumeleno Beach Resort Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower