El Club

El Club Rates and Deals

El Club Granada Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel for the money May 11, 2010
In the pretty city of Granada there are many beautiful small colonial style hotels, but mant of them are quite pricy for being in Nicaraguan price level. Granada is probably also the most touristic of the mayor cities in the whole country.

Using to guide and reviews from Lonely Planet manage to get hold of some really nice rooms at the Dutch run El Club which is situated quite close to the city centre for only around 22 dollars a night; off season. The hotel was situated on a street corner and it turned out to be a nicely renovated huge house with more than 130 years on its back.

When you enter the smal hotel you enter a large dark wooded bar, kept in a nice dark colonial design. Behind the bar, on the other side of the wall, you have the reception and a nice open courtyard where you can chill out on one of the many tables and sofas that were surrounding the open area in the middle. The open area was coved with a see-through roof and it was very nicely done except for the wooden stage that built under it.

The hotel was really nice and calm but I could imagine that it would be noisier in high season, and I also think it was dictated by the fact that we arrived at a Tuesday and stayed until Thursday, because the place also houses a restaurant and a night club that was open Thursday to Saturday. Especially the night club should be very popular, so popular that people all the way from Managua should come there. There were not much action the days we were there and it turned out later that we were the only two guests staying at the hotel.

Our rooms were situated in the back of the hotel, we had to pass the cosy courtyard and go up some stairs to the first floor. At a first glance the hotel reminded me of something from a Zorro movie, with inside balconies and the large open outdoor square. The restaurant here is supposed to be really good but it was been while we were there.

The room I had was fairly large and around 20 square meters and it was referred to as the suite, mostly because there was an extra bed in the room. The main bed was a huge king-size bed which was hard and nice; it looked almost Oriental. The bathroom was really small but it had what you need; the bathroom had even hot water in the shower which was really nice. The room wa also air-conditioned which was wonderful in the warm and humid weather of Granada.

The accommodation was including breakfast that was simple but nice. One thing I laughed about was that we had to pay extra for Babs’s tea. The breakfast was fresh fruit, bread, yogurt and coffee.

I would categorize this as the best hotel we stayed in during our stay in Nicaragua if you compare price and quality ratio.
My room and the Orientas bed
The pattern of the coffee table
The open courtyard
The bar at the entrance of the hot…
Chokk says:
Just used my day to clean up my notes.
ken2010 says:
...your reviews are always very interesting and enjoyable reading. Admire your 'production'... :)
Glynnes says:
Nice!

Related Travel Blogs About El Club

First walk of Nicaragua
After the little police incident the rest of the trip to Granada was fairly easy; we passed Masaya and entered quickly to small and colourful city of Granada. We entered the city and our first goal w…Granada. Our goal was to check-in as quickly as possible at our hotel El Club and leave our stuff…

Check El Club Rates and Deals