El Cid

Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, USA

El Cid Los Angeles Reviews

adamcbartlett adamcbar…
The time of your life with the locals! Mar 16, 2011
I can't say enough good things about this place.

The first time that my friend and I visited El Cid we had the best night we've ever had in LA. The drinks are fairly reasonable in price, and the appetizers are bomb!

El Cid is definitely a music venue, I've been several times when there were performances which leads me to say that the best nights are mondays because of open mic, and there are usually groups there on mondays as well (the dodgeball group is a really fun crowd).

Friday and Saturday nights are awesome at El Cid, BUT you have to wait until about 10:30-11:30 for the crowds to get there. My best advice is to go a little early that way you can get your drinks without fighting a sea of bodies trying to get in the door from the patio, and maybe even find somewhere to sit (seating is limited).

In my experience, people are really friendly here. We've met a lot of cool people that we ended up seeing elsewhere in the neighborhood. Fun to dance when there is a DJ. After last call, food trucks usually show up outside the venue's exit which is cool.

HEADS UP - There is a cover ($5-$10) some nights (weekends and thursday) when it gets busy. You can get in free thursday if you see a movie at the Vista Theater across the street. Also, parking is a bitch. If you don't want to valet look for parking on the side streets but read the parking signs very carefully.
mrkrueger13 says:
Nice. Way to one-up my review. Haha.
Posted on: Mar 21, 2011
mrkrueger13 mrkruege…
Authentic Nightlife away from the Tourist Traps Mar 15, 2011
Right down the street from me. I walk here all the time. Restaurant meets Nightclub. Mexican food, bars, outdoor patios, private screenings, dance nights, permieres, local band venues, it's seriously the best way to truly immerse yourself in the life and culture of Los Angeles. No tourists... just authentic Los Angeles folk. Hipsters, filmmakers, band members, actors, and yes... even celebrities. But don't tell anyone or the tourists will show up... our little secret.

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals