El Chile Verde Restaurant Bar

Hwy 165, Monroe, LA, USA

El Chile Verde Restaurant Bar Monroe Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
No Karaoke??.... Bummer! Jan 19, 2010
I went to this restaurant because Monroe's radio station Rock 106 was announcing a karaoke contest on Monday night. Not that I am a good singer, but I thought it would be fun to go and see others ridicule themselves.

So, before leaving I noticed that the only indication for the location of the restaurant was "Highway 165", which didn't sound too specific to me. I googled the restaurant name and an actual address came up , but when I got there, it happened to be a different restaurant and they didn't know anything about a Karaoke contest. They didn't even know where the other "Chile Verde" was. So, I thought of just finding the intersection of the I-20 with I-165 and go north from there (I seemed to remember they said 165-N on the radio).

When I finally found the restaurant, I noticed the small amount of cars parked in the front, so I anticipated only few people to be there. I got to the main door and asked where the karaoke was, and I was told it was at the bar. But when I got there, I only saw like 5 guys sitting and watching a basketball game and a family dining sitting at a booth. Where was the Karaoke? There was loud mexican music coming from the kitchen, but I didn't think 106 would advertise a karaoke of rancheras.

I sat there for a while, ordered a couple of Margaritas (they were 2x1) and some enchiladas. The enchiladas weren't my best ever, but they weren't terrible either. The chips and salsa were good though.

So after an hour I realized it was just not gonna happen and I left. What a bummer! Maybe I should have grabbed the microphone and win the tickets for the Jazz Fest as a single contestant.

Anyway, besides the experience, I didn't think this restaurant was anything special and as always, I don't recommend anybody to try mexican food in Louisiana or in most places in the USA. Authentic mexican food can only be found in Mexico.

Check Monroe Hotel Deals