El Campesino

elcampesino.net - 4771 Mcknight Rd # 2 Pittsburgh, PA 15237-3427

El Campesino Pittsburgh Reviews

david40price david40p…
Favorite Mexican Restaurant In Pittsburgh Nov 08, 2011
I have been going here for years, way back when there was only one location in Monroeville.

Now with locations in all corners of the burgh, you can get your Mexican fix anytime you need it!

Their food is about the most authentic you can get in Pittsburgh with the exception of a few other places. The menu is extensive and varied. Typical Americanized Mexican, but also some traditional dishes you don’t' normally find in this area like Chile Colorado.

Each location is different but I will say that the North Hills location on McKnight Road has the most character and charm although all locations are nice.

Margaritas are huge and very good, although pricey. Do yourself a favor, if you’re going to have more than one, get a pitcher. You'll save money and get more drinks out of it.

If you like cheese dip, make sure you get the Cheese Dip With Chorizo and if you like Jalapeno Peppers, add those as a side.

Favorites when I go there: Cheese Dip with Chorizo + Peppers, Chile Colorado, Blue Margarita.

Unlimited chips and salsa help to top this off. Oh and if you like hot salsa, ask for their special hot salsa. It is not always listed on the menu. There is a charge for it, but it's worth it!
david40price says:
Yeah that is one of my favorite dishes. Best place I ever had it was in Phoenix, but I can't remember for the life of me the name of the restaurant.
Posted on: Nov 11, 2011