El Calafate

El Calafate - Wind

El Calafate Reviews

luckesean luckesean
Heaven Apr 25, 2011
Took a trip to Argentina and I had to make to make a stop at El Calafate! I was in heaven the whole time. It is so pretty! and the noise of the wind and the cracking ice is epic. My only regret was not buying the trek tour which would have gotten me on the glacier!!!
Double Trouble
Drift
Muy Lindo
Wind
bramwan bramwan
Apr 29, 2006
I would classify El Calafate as “interesting”. The town has a wild west frontier town feel, which is quite edgy and has its own charm. If it was not for the glaciers though, I would not rush to go there. That said, the people are really friendly and helpful. And the food is pretty good. But the reason the place exists is the magnificent scenery surrounding it. The glaciers are simply awesome. The air is clear and fresh. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The must see & do activities are: • Mini trekking on Perito Moreno glacier • Boat trip to Upsala Glacier and if the budget can extend that far, Estancia Christina. The air, sunrises and sunsets are free, but the rest do come at quite a price. But worth every cent.

Related Travel Blogs About El Calafate

Transferring to El Calafate and a Recovery Day
Nov 25 - An early, early morning alarm (5:50 AM) as I had to finish packing my pack (some last minute laundry had been hanging in the tent to dry), grab some breakfast, and be ready to depart at 6:45…El Calafate.  My comrades from Eco Camp were headed up directly to El Chalten while I would…
Glacier Watching!
To get to El Calafate from Ushuaia I decided to take the bus, you can fly quickly and directly but this was a bit out of my price range. The buses that go direct to El Calafate dont work to great tim…El Calafate. This bus is only 5 hours long so I arrived at a much better hour of the day. In El Calafate
Latino rhythms
LATINO RHYTHMS   ARGENTINA Argentina in Depth 13D/12N   Argentina is blessed with an enchanting and thrilling nature. Upon arrival to Iguazu Falls, you will admire its splendid natura…El CALAFATE AM:        Transfer to the Trelew airport for a flight to El Calafate

Check El Calafate Hotel Deals