El Botin

www.botin.es - 91 366 42 17

El Botin Madrid Reviews

Octravelguy77 Octravel…
World's oldest restaurant Apr 13, 2011
Known as THE oldest restaurant in the world, Botin is is somewhat of a "must see or do" when you come to Madrid. Like most, we had the Suckling Pig which along with the Suckling Lamb is their house specialty. At 22,50 € it's hardly cheap eats but it is something different and certainly a nice restaurant with an older, classic vibe to it. Note that for 22,50 its a portion that barely serves 4 at best. The Whole Suckling Pig is a whole lot more than that. Not even sure what the price is exactly. We saw a few different portions and when our came out, it wasn't exactly what we expected. We also had the Baby Squid in its own ink and rice (18,10 €). There's also a 3 course meal with a soup, the suckling pig (I assume a larger portion per person), dessert (likely ice cream), and beer, wine or mineral water. They even have charge 1,90 € for bread per person even though they don't mention it when they ask if you want some; however it is clearly shown on the menu. The food is good, not great. It's more of the experience of going to "the world's oldest restaurant" than eating the world's finest food. For dessert, we opted for the ice cream and some type of puff pastry which might have been the best thing we tried but then again, how do you wrong with sweets right?
bourse bourse
The Worlds Oldest Restaurant Aug 05, 2011
On a trip to Madrid in January I accompanied my partner and a local friend of ours Jose to El Botin, which is slated as 'the world oldest restaurant'.

It's tucked away in the basement of the old part of Madrid, which is fantastic, since the old interiors are still very well preserved. Its got walls carved from solid pieces of stone and has a number of fires burning.

Their speciality is the roast lamb or suckling pig (if you prefer that), I have to admit I tried the roasted leg of lamb and it was simply divine. My partner paired his pork with a glass of the house wine, which she really liked.

I highly recommend this place for all those who seek adventure, good food and want to be a part of culinary history.
Alonsocano1 Alonsoca…
Luxury Treat Apr 10, 2011
Awesome restaurant, not cheap by any means but well worth it......I love my food and the portions were huge!

Great atmosphere,will go again when back in my beloved Madrid!

Check Madrid Hotel Deals